Kubota Inventory

/ Kubota Inventory #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
My local Kubota dealer has had at least 40 or more tractors on his lot for ever.

About 2 weeks ago, on a Monday, I drove by and all of a sudden he has 7 tractors. Only 3 are 4X4 CUT's.

Is Kubota having trouble with inventory? Could the dealer be going out of business?

/ Kubota Inventory #2  
I would guess that business is booming for Kubota. I signed the contract for my 3830 4 weeks ago, and it has yet to arrive. Must be RaT's fault; he mentioned his dealer was getting all the tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota Inventory #3  
Eddie:

I would have to agree with Jlemon, bet there selling them faster than they can keep them instock. Me thinks it is much easier to put your backside in a tractor seat these days no matter what manf. your looking at /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whiskey

/ Kubota Inventory #4  
I'm going to guess that he has had a lot more than 40 for a long while. I'd venture that he might have ordered a large shipment early in the year and he has been replacing the sold units with new crate stock from the back for some time. Now that the season is winding down and he has sold most of his stock, it now appears that he has less than before. Just a guess mind you. But that's how I'd work it if I was in his shoes. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Then again, he might have traded the units to other dealers as well.

Eddie - Are you up in Pittsburg by any chance?

/ Kubota Inventory #5  
I talked to my dealer her in Hampton Roads back at the end of June and ordered a BX22 with 60" MMM (for my wife). Was told the tractors (he had only ordered 2) were due in July 2003. As of Monday 11 AUGUST, they still had not shipped from the factory. I believe, like others before me, KUBOTA underestimated the demand on thier tractors when combined with excellant interest rates.

Patiently Waiting

/ Kubota Inventory #6  
We recently bought a ZD28 and the Dealer had to travel over 300 miles to come up with one...I don't know about the CUT's but the Pro Deck series ZD's are sold before they ever make it to the Dealers lot.

I would imagine the cheap money has made a big impact on sales /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota Inventory #7  
My dealer told me this has been a very busy year. Looks like the low rates are having some effect, I expect that the new tax package may be doing something to it too.

Steve

/ Kubota Inventory #8  
The dealer that I was working with when I was looking at buying the Kubota (before I drove the NH and fell in love with it and the thought of a RD MMM) has had a pretty slim inventory all year, but now I see that he has a BX-22, 3 BX-2200, 2 B7500, 2 B7800 and a few others that I couldn't tell what they were as I was driving by at 70 MPH on my way to work. At least now I don't get drool on my dash every morning/evening as I drive by. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota Inventory
Looks like his inventory is improving. Yesterday he had 10 tractors on display. Sure is amazing how many he must have sold in one month!

Now I know why I couldn't get him to budge on his price. Everyone is willing to pay it.

/ Kubota Inventory #10  
I was at the dealers yesterday and got a clue as to what you might be seeing going on. Acording to my dealer, they have been having a hard time getting enough tractors and the dealers have been shifting inventory from dealer to dealer. So if one dealer has a tractor that another dealer has a buyer for, they cut a side deal and make a quick road trip. Even if your dealer has no buyers at all, with this kind of shifting, the inventory could drain down real fast.

Steve