Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: New L3560 for those intetested

The new fuel fuel looks better than holding 5 gallons of fuel on a wet tractor tire trying to pour it in like you have do on a 40 series.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

Quote Originally Posted by MHarryE View Post
    Fuel neck seems kind of odd sticking up as far from the tank as it is but it is in the approximate location that it is on all of our large ag tractors. We haven't bashed any of them and they are a lot easier to fill than my L5740.

And I am not using an AG tractor with grapples to clean brush either, this is a utility tractor.

David Kb7uns
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

Quote Originally Posted by David_Kb7uns View Post
    Think they probably had to make room for the DPF under the hood but yes the fuel tank is looking to be a disaster. Will not be getting rid of the L3130 any time soon. Would of like to have a 34 horse tractor but this is not the way to go.

David Kb7uns
    I think that's why, too. They ran out of room under the hood - or it got too hot with the new pollution gear.
    A bit of bolt on armor to wrap around that fill jug might not be a bad thing.
    Looks like a business opportunity just crying out for someone looking to sell an aftermarket fix.
    Even if it's very unlikely that you'd ever hit it, the perception is that it's a weak point.
    Of course, I'd find a way to hit it.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

Welcome to the kubota 60 series - AKA "The Longhorn". That grill guard looks like horns sticking out. Does it have to fold forward like that to open the hood? I have to agree with previous posts. My taste prefers the stylings of the 40 series over the 60.

I think we should start a thread predicting the date of the first post titled "!#^&$!!!!! Broke My Fuel Fill Tube!!!!!!". Hahaha

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSDC

I wonder if the long filler neck on the fuel tank could be shortened so it would be less likely of getting damaged? Plus if it was shorter you wouldn't have to lift a fuel container so high to add diesel fuel. Just a thought!
    Stanley----Kubota B3030 HSDC

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by srs View Post
    I wonder if the long filler neck on the fuel tank could be shortened so it would be less likely of getting damaged? Plus if it was shorter you wouldn't have to lift a fuel container so high to add diesel fuel. Just a thought!
    Having not seen the tractor I will go out on a limb here and say no, it cannot be shortened, because then the opening of the filler neck would be below the level of fuel in the tank. The neck must always be above the level of the fuel in the tank when it is full, else the fuel would run out on the ground.

James K0UA

Edit:// I missed one of the side photo's in the first go around, and I though the tank was under the hood, with the filler sticking out the side, but no the tank is under the floorboard.. so I don't know why the filler neck is so high, maybe they think it would be more comfortable at that height instead of bending over.. I don't know.
    Last edited by k0ua; 04-30-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: saw anothe pix
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Glad to see the clutch is gone, but prefer the brakes on the right, prefer old type cruise control as I use mine like the HST pedal going forward, I fuel with a hose so the cap location is not an issue, some nice features I suppose, but am sure glad I bought a new 2012 L5740 HSTC when I did.

Tractor
    John Deere and New Holland/Ford Tractors

When looking at the fuel neck, it almost looks like it is a rubber neck is held on by clamps which would make it pretty flexible. Are my eyes deceiving me or do others see the same thing?
    John Deere and New Holland/Ford Tractors and stuff

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Like the brakes on the left side.

Fuel tank fill location is awful.

And front grill guard protrudes too far!

Love my L3830 and looks like I'll be keeping it! Lol

Thanks for the pics.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast