Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by crazyangel View Post
    Welcome to the kubota 60 series - AKA "The Longhorn". That grill guard looks like horns sticking out. Does it have to fold forward like that to open the hood? I have to agree with previous posts. My taste prefers the stylings of the 40 series over the 60.

I think we should start a thread predicting the date of the first post titled "!#^&$!!!!! Broke My Fuel Fill Tube!!!!!!". Hahaha
    Lol! Like horns on Boss Hogs Caddy

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Default Re: New L3560 for those intetested

Clutch would be eliminated if they changed from a live PTO to an independent PTO. Brake placement is greatly improved if you use steering brakes (I do in the winter on my rink) but most CUT owners probably rarely do. Interesting that it's still a rocker pedal, I thought the L series was going to the two pedal set up. I'm all for the next generation of diesels to hit the market, but I wouldn't want one from the first couple years and I'm hoping competition and time brings the price back down, although that's probably not likely.

Tractor
    Kubota L5240HSTC

Ok, first. Yes the grill HAS to be pulled forward to open the good. The picture actually shows it in the open position.

2nd the filler neck was plastic and not flexible.

Good call on a aftermarket kit!!! That will make
    someone money.

If anyone wants more photos let me know. I can try and run up to the dealer and take more. The dealer is only 2 miles away

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Clutch would be eliminated if they changed from a live PTO to an independent PTO. Brake placement is greatly improved if you use steering brakes (I do in the winter on my rink) but most CUT owners probably rarely do. Interesting that it's still a rocker pedal, I thought the L series was going to the two pedal set up. I'm all for the next generation of diesels to hit the market, but I wouldn't want one from the first couple years and I'm hoping competition and time brings the price back down, although that's probably not likely.
    The Grand L has had an Independent PTO for some time, had one on my L5030 and L5740.

No doubt brakes on the left are preferred by many, but I hate them as do my wife and sons, we have all driven John Deeres. I never use the steering brakes on our smaller tractors, but do on our M8540.

We all universally prefer the rocker type HST pedal on Kubotas after using the side by side on John Deere for many years and still own one; matter of personal preference..

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240HST

Quote Originally Posted by KenB2920 View Post
    That was my exact thought when I saw the gas tank. I can see this being changed in a few years. It's almost like they heard complaints and were smart@$$es about it. You want a low fill, you got it.
    My thought to on the tank. Very pore design. Maybe done due to room under the hood with all the emissions stuff??
    Kubota L3240HST, LA724 FEL w/QA, 72" bucket with Piranha tooth bar, snow plow, Loader Buddy, Bradco Pallet Forks, EA Grapple, Kubota L ballast box, Harley Power Rake
    ---------------------------
    Ferris Evolution 52" ZTR
    --------------------------
    Stihl stuff

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Definitely don't like the fuel tank design and there is no right side step that I can see.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

Does anyone know if there is a skid plate or other under body protection for the fuel tank? It seems very exposed and susceptible to puncture.....

Tractor
    Kubota L5240HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post

We all universally prefer the rocker type HST pedal on Kubotas after using the side by side on John Deere for many years and still own one; matter of personal preference..
    I definitely agree with you. Personal preference all day long. I never used the independent braking on my b2920 but I have and can see myself using it more on my l3540. I could see how the deer would be nice even though I have never used it. I am sure whichever piece of equipment you use you adapt because..... Well you have to.

I really like my cruise lever to the left of my seat. That's sad to see that go.

I didn't look under the tractor so I don't know it there is any additional protection

I do believe the main reason would be heat. My Duramax gives off a tremendous amount of heat. To the point it heat/cooled the bolts on the muffler they snapped. That's my project to fix this week. 2009 Sierra 2500 ccsb diesel.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by KenB2920 View Post
    I definitely agree with you. Personal preference all day long. I never used the independent braking on my b2920 but I have and can see myself using it more on my l3540. I could see how the deer would be nice even though I have never used it. I am sure whichever piece of equipment you use you adapt because..... Well you have to.

I really like my cruise lever to the left of my seat. That's sad to see that go.

I didn't look under the tractor so I don't know it there is any additional protection

I do believe the main reason would be heat. My Duramax gives off a tremendous amount of heat. To the point it heat/cooled the bolts on the muffler they snapped. That's my project to fix this week. 2009 Sierra 2500 ccsb diesel.
    Yep, we used the JD side by side for years on our JD 425 then bought a BX2200 and really liked it. We then got a JD2305 for our son and grand kids to use on one of our farms as they were use to the side by side. Then we bought a second BX, so we can use either type, we just prefer the rocker type, my wife more-so than me. She announced we WILL NOT be buying anything else green.

Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyangel View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a skid plate or other under body protection for the fuel tank? It seems very exposed and susceptible to puncture.....
    +1. The tank looks very vulnerable to getting punctured, though we can't see if it is guarded underneath. That filler neck is a very bad idea around brush or the woods. I am amazed they didn't guard it with steel shrouds/brackets. This seems like it was not thought though for the intended uses... as an Ag tractor, I could see it not being a big issue, but I use mine in the woods where this tank/neck would have a lifespan measured in minutes as-is. I'm sure it's down there due to them running out of room with the DPF. Looks like the EPA does it again
    -Dave

"Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, rear blade, box blade, landscape rake, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

My house build blog: http://stighouse.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast