New L3560 for those intetested

/ New L3560 for those intetested #31  
I'll have to see one in person but I like my 40 series over the new 60 series. I wonder if the fuel filler hose is in the same place on the cabbed tractors? As much as I don't like the clutch when starting the tractor I find that I can feather the clutch when I turn the PTO on (since it's electric on my 4240). Brake position means little to me since my 580k has the brakes in the center. If the floorboard wasn't flat then maybe I would want it moved but since it is and I can easily move my left foot as needed it's a non issue for me.

/ New L3560 for those intetested #32  
Clutch does seem unnecessary on a hydro but since all my other tractors have clutches I like having one because the clutch is one of the first things I push when the pto or tractor need to stop, having the brakes on right side is not that big of deal either. As far as two pedal or treadle the L series peddle is the best of both, for mowing I use it like a two pedal but when I need to go back and forth I use it as a treadle pedal

/ New L3560 for those intetested #33  
Glad to see the clutch is gone, but prefer the brakes on the right, prefer old type cruise control as I use mine like the HST pedal going forward, I fuel with a hose so the cap location is not an issue, some nice features I suppose, but am sure glad I bought a new 2012 L5740 HSTC when I did.

For those of us that have gotten "indoctrinated" to the left side brakes found on those "green" tractors; the new Kubota changes will make it even easier to go Orange! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ New L3560 for those intetested
Ok, just found out the new fuel tank is made of a polymer, PVC, Kevlar, rubber compound developed by NASA that will give and stretch but not break. However in the event that it does, the interior is coated with a flex seal tar material that will instantly seal and prohibit any leaks. Ok, one to many pops tonight. I am off to bed.

/ New L3560 for those intetested #35  
The Grand L has had an Independent PTO for some time, had one on my L5030 and L5740.

No doubt brakes on the left are preferred by many, but I hate them as do my wife and sons, we have all driven John Deeres. I never use the steering brakes on our smaller tractors, but do on our M8540.

We all universally prefer the rocker type HST pedal on Kubotas after using the side by side on John Deere for many years and still own one; matter of personal preference..

Interesting... why did they have a clutch pedal then?

There's not much need on a small tractor for steering brakes, my use is fairly rare, so it doesn't really make a difference which side the brake is for most, but it makes it almost impossible to effectively use steering brakes with the pedal on the right. My CK30 was set up with a rocker style hst pedal and right side brakes and I was hugely relieved to get back to a tractor with twin pedals and a left hand brake, but as you say, it's all just personal choice.

/ New L3560 for those intetested #36  
For those of us that have gotten "indoctrinated" to the left side brakes found on those "green" tractors; the new Kubota changes will make it even easier to go Orange! :thumbsup:

AKfish

Oh I am sure it was the "right" thing to do as everyone else has done it and I suppose anything that will help to get people off those awful green tractors is a good thing.:laughing:

Just kidding, we have Orange, Red, Green, grey and rust...I like them all.

Interesting... why did they have a clutch pedal then?

There's not much need on a small tractor for steering brakes, my use is fairly rare, so it doesn't really make a difference which side the brake is for most, but it makes it almost impossible to effectively use steering brakes with the pedal on the right. My CK30 was set up with a rocker style hst pedal and right side brakes and I was hugely relieved to get back to a tractor with twin pedals and a left hand brake, but as you say, it's all just personal choice.

Beats me, I never understood why they had a clutch, I "think" someone said disengaging everything with the clutch made them easier to start, but I'm no mechanic and don't have a clue. I know some people like to feather the PTO with the clutch or to be able to hit the clutch and stop everything, but for me it was/is a non issue as all of our tractors have Independent PTO's and pushing the clutch in doesn't disengage anything but the transmission, so I don't automatically reach for the clutch if I hit something.

Actually using the brakes on the right are not that hard on the flat deck of a Grand L, we owned a L5030 and now L5740 and out of curiosity, I tried by using the cruise control as directed in the manual and it is quite easy though with Industrial tires it doesn't improve the turning radius and we have very little snow. My sons just do the "Kubota Shuffle" and reach over with their right foot which is even easier on the L40 Series as the pedals are closer to center.

No doubt it is easier with them on the left for most people, but while I regularly use the brakes on our M8540, I rarely even touch the brake pedals on our L5740. As I mentioned previously with everyone else having them on the left it was inevitable Kubota would make the change. I think TYM offers or use to offer steering brakes on the left and a stopping single pedal on the right which seems to be a good idea. I am so use to the brakes on the right, if I got into an "OH HECK" situation, I would be stomping on air and not a brake pedal. Last summer, I got into one of those and hitting the brakes on our M8540 just barely kept me out of our pond.:laughing:

/ New L3560 for those intetested #37  
Ok, just found out the new fuel tank is made of a polymer, PVC, Kevlar, rubber compound developed by NASA that will give and stretch but not break. However in the event that it does, the interior is coated with a flex seal tar material that will instantly seal and prohibit any leaks.

Well, it sounds like the DPF system added $4000, and the new fuel tank added $1000. :D

/ New L3560 for those intetested #38  
thats a nice looking tractor.but as im reading i hear alot of complaints that could be solved very easy.they need to let farmers or weekenders use them before they put them in production to solve probs that shouldnt be there.

/ New L3560 for those intetested
thats a nice looking tractor.but as im reading i hear alot of complaints that could be solved very easy.they need to let farmers or weekenders use them before they put them in production to solve probs that shouldnt be there.

I really sit back and wonder if they ever test a prototype out in a real world testing or if these just have "lab" testing in controlled environments.

/ New L3560 for those intetested #40  
I heard they take a prototype around to the dealers and let them look at it.