Financing kubota finance history

/ kubota finance history #1  

putty340

Bronze Member
Tractor
L 3000 kubota
hello, I am a newbee here and to tractors. I recently purchased 10 acres and it became apparent real quick that i needed a tractor! I have been renting tractors all year and found out that i love dinking around on them-its relaxing just to go piddling around -and your doing work to boot! I am real close to buying a L3000 ,it seems like so much more tractor than a JD790 for about the same price.I cant help but feel that the hydro tranny produces more heat and too much wear judging by the PTO power loss? I have never bought anything new before ,so I hope its the right ;size,weight,quality-Im plain sceeered!I also noticed JD came out with a 0 down 6.99% financing this weekend(I think thats amazing!)and was wondering does kubota try to keep up with them? I sure would rather have the kubota but my land purchase left me kind of-well pennyless. thanks Eric

/ kubota finance history #2  
putty340,
Welcome and jump right in w/ both feet./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
It always seems when late winter rolls around all 3 tractor companies start there price wars.

I heard Kubota went up in the finance 1%,but they do have a reasonable payment plans...min 20% down.

If your planing to purchase just set down and talk to a dealer,and they can always sharpen there pencil the second or the third time around w/ you,for the last thing they want to see is a sale walking thru the door.

Indeed its very relaxing just puttering {dinking /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif} around w/ a tractor,and some may call it work but it can give you a peaceful feeling.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ kubota finance history #3  
Hi putty340,

That's an excellent question. Like Thomas had noted, the rates that are posted on the Kubota site no longer include a 'special' rate (which I think was 6.9% and ran out on 12/31/00), just a standard rate of 7.99% which still isn't bad. With the Fed's recent rate reduction and with Deere's new 6.9% rate I have to believe that Kubota will introduce some lower rates - it may be that they already have and that the website doesn't reflect this ("See your dealer for details. . .)

Some more food for thought: I have been looking around on the web for any evidence of New Holland special finance rates. There is an NH dealer in TN that is advertising a special deal on compact tractors until 1/31/01 - no money down and 6.9% financing for up to 48 months. I had been planning to buy either a Kubota B2410 or NH TC21D in February or March, but I think I'll do some inquiries this week with Kubota and NH dealers to see what they have up their sleeves.

Good luck with your purchase.

- Rob

/ kubota finance history #4  
Eric-

I took delivery of my L3000 last month. So far, all I've been able to do w/it is move snow(still fun though/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif). The tractor is everything I wanted it to be and more. I did a lot of looking around before I purchased, and I think the L3000 is the best bang for the buck.

I put 5k down and got the 6.9% financing for 60months. I don't know if this is still available or not.

I paid $15,800 for mine and I got the following; L3000DT 4WD w/LA450 Front End Loader along w/toothbar and a Woods 6' 3 point rear discharge finish mower.

I can't wait for summer!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hope that helps.

Paul

/ kubota finance history #5  
One thing I forgot, the gear transmission has become second nature, only takes a second to switch gears.

Good Luck!

Paul