New member looking to buy a new tractor

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #1  

HerkNav

I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a new tractor. I've been looking at a Kubota L3800, 4wd, HST, with R4 tires. I like the Kubota and the local dealer, but I can't figure out how to know if the price is decent. They've quoted me a price of $16,800. Any advice about price would be great.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #2  
That's 12% off list, I have read here on the forum 10% to 15% off is a good range with 15% being somewhat difficult to obtain, depends on the area of the country, how many dealers are competing in your area, etc.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #3  
Welcome from Ohio. :welcome: Check your 3 point with a heavy implement for jerky movement.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet. We have a forum to discuss buying a Kubota. You might strike up a conversation there and get some opinions on your selection. -kid

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor
The next closest Kubota dealer is about an hour away. There is a Massey Ferguson/New Holland dealer in the area also. The dealer I'm working with also sells John Deere, but offered me a better deal on the Kubota. I found the suggested retail for the Base L3800, but I couldn't figure out how much the 4wd, HST and upgraded tires added.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #6  
HerkNav just go to Kubota's web site and select Build my Kubota you can price it out there, that's what I did and list was like $19k and change with those options.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor
I hadn't seen that option. I had only gone to the site on my tablet and it isn't available on the tablet site. After doing the build on the full site adding the loader and a couple of other options I had added on I think I'm getting a pretty decent deal. I'm walking out the door with a nice box blade, a quick hitch and a 6' finish mower for about a thousand more than retail on the tractor loader combo.

By the way, @deathtoblackberries do you hate the plant or the blackberry phone? I'm asking because I just planted blackberries and one of the happiest days of my life was the day I gave up my work blackberry.

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #8  
We have Himalayan blackberries here, they are highly invasive weed with 40 foot canes. They were laughing at me then I purchased a tooth bar for my B2920 FEL this week, they are no longer laughing! :punch:

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #9  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Kubota Buying & Pricing forum. :)

/ New member looking to buy a new tractor #10  
By the way, @deathtoblackberries do you hate the plant or the blackberry phone? I'm asking because I just planted blackberries and one of the happiest days of my life was the day I gave up my work blackberry.

I've been dying to ask that same question! LOL

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet