Traded up to an L3240

/ Traded up to an L3240 #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Part 2 of my disappointment at trading down from an L4630 to a B3030 (in the Kubota Owning sub-forum)

I went to look at an L4260 and an L3240 today, both within my reach price wise. The 4260 was simply too large to fit into my garage, and I couldn't look at the fuel filler without thinking I'd rip that thing off in the woods and be stranded. Then I looked at the L3240. The paint was oxidized from sitting on the lot for 2.5 years! It's an awkward unit to sell on a lot with the much more popular L3940 and 3540 right next to it, but it had only 4 hours on the clock and was the right size for me. With a KX-121-3S to do the heavy work at home, I don't need much in a tractor and it will live a fairly easy life. An afternoon with a random orbital buffer and some rubbing compound will have it looking like new. And it has the full Kubota warranty.

So for $29,700 I have a new L3240HST-Plus, LA721 loader with HD round backed bucket, R4 tires loaded in back with ice chains for winter, a set of rear remotes with hydraulic 72" rear blade, a six foot Woods Brush Bull, and a Farmi 351 winch.

Looking forward to having a tractor big enough to handle trees again. :D

/ Traded up to an L3240 #2  
Congrats. I think you'll be much happier with it over the B3030. I would like a logging winch, someday. Never actually needed one but it sure would make life easier. Take some time to get use to the HST+ features. I love the H-DS feature. I think being able to "shift" down a gear without actually letting of the HST pedal would be real handy with smaller GL line of tractors.

/ Traded up to an L3240 #3  
Congratulations on your new tractor.:thumbsup:

/ Traded up to an L3240 #4  
Good for you, Pete. You've probably read Gordon Gould's knowledgeable posts here about doing some serious logging with an L3010, so you're in good company with that size tractor for such work. Domestic tranquility restored, one hopes.

/ Traded up to an L3240 #5  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Traded up to an L3240 #6  
Congratulations. I also looked at the L3240 while looking to replace the B7800 I had. I decided on the L3540 because I wanted a 6 foot rotary and wanted little bit more hp.

I too needed something that would fit in my garage so I was limited with the tractor size. No way am I going to pay that much money for a tractor to sit outside if I can help it.

The HST+ is nice once you learn how to use it. I like it for moving dirt or firewood. I don't use the auto throttle just because I'm used to the manual throttle lever.

/ Traded up to an L3240 #7  
Good for you! Tell the wife to stay away from the car port posts!

/ Traded up to an L3240 #8  
Congratulations! You will love it! Pics when possible please!

/ Traded up to an L3240 #9  
I made a similar move back in 2008 from a B3030 to the GL3240 and never looked back :). Much more tractor. Congrats on your new toy I mean tool.