Rotary Cutter for a B2620

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #1  

Phila

Tractor
Kubota B2620
I am considering buying a Land Pride rotary cutter for my B2620 that I bought last October. When I asked about one last year the dealer said a 48" is the size I need, will the tractor handle a 60"? Any idea what I should expect to pay for one of these. Is a LP cutter a good machine?

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #2  
We have run a light duty 60" rotary cutter on our B7500 (21 engine HP, 16 PTO hp) and you have to creep in heavy grass, but its decent in brush or light grass. You MUST have the bucket on and it is happier with weight in the bucket as otherwise the front end is light enough to come off the ground when the cutter is in the air.

Aaron Z

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #3  
I have a Land Pride 60" RCR1860 that I use on my B7800 (30 engine HP, 22 PTO hp). I mow 15 acres of pasture with it 3-4 times a year. If the pasture isn't too thick it does fine with the B7800. But if I let the pasture get too thick it is hard load on the tractor. Plus my RCR1860 weighs 610 pounds. That's a pretty hefty load on the three point. As far as LP being a good cutter its the best rotary cutter that I have ever owned and I have owned 4 different brands. TractorHouse.com lists a new RCR1860 at $1,560.00.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #4  
I think the dealer is right and 4 ft. is the right size for a B2620.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #5  
I don't think I would want to run a 5' on a 2620, I have two LP cutters and really like them. Go to the Land Pride website and they recommend the RCR12 and RCR15 for the B Series.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #6  
I had a 6' cheap ($1250) Finish mower and it kept breaking on my rough yard, hillside. Barlows took it back and gave me the $1250 I paid on a 6' ($1700) Landpride Finish Mower and it never broke and was a tank. The cheap (light weight) mower was handled fine on my B7800 but the heavy weight/duty Landpride would swing my tractor around at the bottom of the hill when I made the turn.
I bought a Taylor Way 4' Rotary mower and used it one time on my B2320 and see no future needs for it so asking $500 for it.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #7  
I run a 60" LandPride finish mower on my BX2660 with no problem. I have a 48" rough cut deck as well; I don't think I would want to run a 60" rough but as said no problems at all with the RFM.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #8  
A 60 will be a load back there. Its not just the HP, but the physical weight and size of the b series. If you think a 48 will be too small, get a 54, but I wouldn't go bigger.

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620 #9  
I use a Woods 54" on my 2620...I think it's about perfect. As JohnThomas and LD1 pointed out, I think the biggest limiting factor with a 60" rotary cutter is the weight...not only is it heavy, but a cutter is long and the weight is way back there.
As an example, I use a 60"RFM with my tractor. I know I have the power to use a 72" RFM in my applications, but I the weight of one stops me from buying one.

Will

/ Rotary Cutter for a B2620
Thank you everyone for your comments. Anyone have any idea how much these things cost?