Buying Advice New L3800 vs Used L3940

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #21  
If you need the larger rig, get the 3940. Me, I like the size and weight of the L3800 and we have 400 acre.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940
I pulled the trigger and bought the L3940. I'll pick it up latter this week and use it for the first time this weekend. It has a few features I didn't notice the first time, the quick attach FEL, the quick attach bucket, and the extra hydraulic circuit on the FEL. Not sure I'll use any of those, unless I come up with a set of quick attach forks. I also picked up a used 54" Howes rototiller, a used 6' box blade, and a new 5' Woods brush cutter. That should have me set for awhile.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #23  
I pulled the trigger and bought the L3940. I'll pick it up latter this week and use it for the first time this weekend. It has a few features I didn't notice the first time, the quick attach FEL, the quick attach bucket, and the extra hydraulic circuit on the FEL. Not sure I'll use any of those, unless I come up with a set of quick attach forks. I also picked up a used 54" Howes rototiller, a used 6' box blade, and a new 5' Woods brush cutter. That should have me set for awhile.

Congrats! I think you'll be very happy! Send us some pics when you get her home! :thumbsup:

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #24  
Nice. I think you'll be very happy with it.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #25  
From previous experience, I would change that to a 6' brush cutter. Philip.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #26  
Congratulations on your new tractor. I too would go with 6' cutter, consider loaded tires set out and definitely bucket hooks.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940
I went with the 5' cutter because I'm not cutting much acreage, less then 10, and I will be maneuvering it through a fair number of trails through the woods. Hooks on the bucket will be an early upgrade. My land is about an hour away from home, so the quick detach bucket will make it easy to bring the bucket home so I can add the hooks in my garage.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #28  
I went with the 5' cutter because I'm not cutting much acreage, less then 10, and I will be maneuvering it through a fair number of trails through the woods.
That is still a good amount of land to cut. The 6' will match the width of your tires. Philip.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #29  
Good choice! Enjoy!

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #30  
That is still a good amount of land to cut. The 6' will match the width of your tires. Philip.

That's why I'd go with a 6' cutter. You want the mower to match the rear tire width...