Buying Advice New L3800 vs Used L3940

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #31  
Yep, I really prefer the cutter to match the width of my tires or a little wider and having used from 4' to 10' a 6' sure would be my choice for that tractor. I use a Land Pride RCR2672 on my L5740 and it is just right. I have no problems with maneuverability in the woods.

But, it's your tractor and cutter, so if it works for you then that's all that counts.

I used the same hooks and placement as Phillip I think and they have worked well for our uses, need to do it on the other tractor.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #32  
I decided to go with the 6' rotary cutter to go with my MF 1648, and I am happy I did. Since the mower is about the same widths as the tractor, it is fine also for tight spots. Works fine for the nooks and crannies I have on my hill! I am not sure though what the PTO hp is on the Kubota 3940. You want to be above the lowest hp recommendation for the rotary cutter. If you go light duty, you may be fine with a 6 footer.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #33  
Here is my L3940 with 6' cutter. Bought it brand new, drove it home, and this was it's 1st job. About 18 acres of this stuff. Philip.

Attachments

• BUSHHOG3.jpg
    BUSHHOG3.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 225
   / New L3800 vs Used L3940 #34  
I'll second or third the 6' bush hog recommendation. I've got an MX4700 and used a 5' cutter for the first 2 years. Just upgraded to a 6' Landpride and can't believe the difference in mowing time. Plus, now I can mow right up to the chain link fence, since it's as wide as my tires. I'm mowing a 4 acre field, a 1.5 acre field, and 3-4 acres in the woods/hilly.

mkane09

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940
I finally got the tractor to my land yesterday and clocked about 6 hrs on it today. Or more realistically, I probably clocked 1-2 hrs and my wife clocked the rest. So far, I don't regret the 5' brush cutter. I was maneuvering it through some fairly tight spots in the woods, and a cutter smaller then the tire width was handy. We probably mowed a bit over a mile of trails and cleared off/tilled about 1/2 acre for planting. Now time for some modifications. Hooks on the bucket, teeth for the bucket....

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #36  
I finally got the tractor to my land yesterday and clocked about 6 hrs on it today. Or more realistically, I probably clocked 1-2 hrs and my wife clocked the rest. So far, I don't regret the 5' brush cutter. I was maneuvering it through some fairly tight spots in the woods, and a cutter smaller then the tire width was handy. We probably mowed a bit over a mile of trails and cleared off/tilled about 1/2 acre for planting. Now time for some modifications. Hooks on the bucket, teeth for the bucket....
This will be regarded as another internet rumor!!
We need PICS!! :)
Congrats!
Now get lot's of seat time.

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #37  
Congratulations

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #38  
Congratulations on your tractor. Where would you all mount your bucket hooks? And could they be bolted on since I don't access to a welder?

/ New L3800 vs Used L3940 #39  
   / New L3800 vs Used L3940 #40  
Congratulations on your tractor. Where would you all mount your bucket hooks? And could they be bolted on since I don't access to a welder?

Most people recommend that they line up with the loader arms. I go along with that thinking if you only put 2 on. We have 4 on the smaller tractor and 5 on each of the larger tractors.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 131
  • PC220025.JPG
    PC220025.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 103