New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #1  

Shagenit

Tractor
Kubota B2620
I have been waiting 3 weeks but finally received a call this morning that my new B2620 with FEL, backhoe with thump, and 54" MMM will be delivered tomorrow. I paid $22,640 for the package with 2 chain hooks mounted on the loader bucket along with the 0% financing for 60 months. Not sure I will be able to sleep tonight thinking of all the projects I can do now with this tractor. I will post some pics when I can break away from the tractor.

Paul

Last edited:
   / New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #2  
Congratulations!:thumbsup: Wise choice.:D I've went up and down in size and I to have settled here in the middle, for awhile and maybe permanent.

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #3  
Shagenit,

Nice machine, and selection of options and great price, welcome to the TBN family. We are all looking forward to pictures and your first projects too!

Carl

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM
Thanks for the feedback! This is my first real tractor so am still not sure all that I will be able to do. From what I read, just about anything and everything with a little time. I am planning to put in another koi pond and finish our driveway so it circles the front of the house. However, the project I am most excited about is leveling a plot of my land to be used as a soccer field for my 4 yr old son. Pics are soon to come......

Paul

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #5  
Paul,

Yes, and it doesn't sound like you have a lack of projects lined up! You might want to consider getting a piranha bar for your bucket.

Carl,

A friend had given me a box blade and bush hog a couple months back in anticipation of the Kubota. I was planning to do much of the clearing and leveling with these. Will the piranha bar do more for this than the box blade?

Paul

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #7  
Carl,

A friend had given me a box blade and bush hog a couple months back in anticipation of the Kubota. I was planning to do much of the clearing and leveling with these. Will the piranha bar do more for this than the box blade?

Paul

I'm not Carl but I doubt it.
The Mower will mow the land to clear it. The boxblade will dig it better than anything but maybe a plow which then would need to be tilled. The boxblade will dig and after you learn how to use it properly (time and experience with adjusting teeth and angle by using the upper arm, you'll see when you get it) it can dig up dirt and small rocks and level the dirt back down. You may need to scoop up dirt with your front bucket after loosening it with the boxblade to lower high spots and drop the dirt in the low spots and then drag the boxblade over it to level it out.
The tooth bar will dig rocks up and maybe help dig up hard dirt or loosen hard dirt. The Pirinha will also do small growth trees and briars which your mower will cut.
I had a toothbar with my first tractor and it was a nuisance to me so I sold it. I've had a RatchetRake for years which is the better tool that attaches to the front bucket for finish dragging for grass seeding but it does have to be taken off which takes about 1 minute to scoop dirt since one row of its teeth face down.
Mow, box blade and then decide what other attachments you need.:thumbsup:

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #8  
Congratulations on the new tractor!

I agree that you can work with your box blade and see if it does the amount of leveling you need. If you find you are having to cut in and move a lot of earth any distance, you may decide that it would work better to do some rough leveling with the loader first. If that is the case, then a tooth bar can make your loader work more efficient.

I think the Piranha bar from BXpanded looks pretty good, and more versatile than a standard tooth bar.

Have fun!

/ New B2620 w/ FEL, Backhoe & 54" MMM #9  
Paul,

I tend to agree with golfaddict and when I made my suggestion I wasn't aware you had a BB. Using the BB requires removal of the BH and unless I have a lot of 3PTH work to be done like a large area to landscape with a rake, I use the bucket to smooth and rake/pick rocks by hand.

The ratchet rake for my purposes wasn't optimal - too many rocks and ledge at or near the surface of the ground to catch and hang up on.

Experiment with what you have and then decide what to buy or add to your implement collection

I just received the call I had been waiting for but was disappointed to be told that delivery had been pushed back until tomorrow. I guess I have to wait another day:(

I have already been looking into a grapple although I am not sure if I should just go with a pin-on grapple for my 50" bucket or purchase the whole setup and add a quick attach bracket to switch out the grapple, bucket and forks (another addition down the line). I am leaning towards the later but know there will be a pretty big price difference between the 2 options. Any recommendations?

Paul