Dealer truck made annual visit today

/ Dealer truck made annual visit today #11  
Congrats on the new tractor, looks like a great machine. It will be interesting to hear how it performs compared to the other equipment your used to.

/ Dealer truck made annual visit today #12  
Have you started another thread about the issue with the 5740? Just curious since I have a 5240 and didn't want to derail this thread.

/ Dealer truck made annual visit today
Have you started another thread about the issue with the 5740? Just curious since I have a 5240 and didn't want to derail this thread.

Yes, titled L5740 Loader Control. Twelve days ago I was installing a culvert for a neighbor. I had dug it out with my mini-excavator and started to fill in gravel using my L5740, about 400 hours, and the loader stopped lowering. I could raise it okay, but to lower I had to use a small Crescent on the valve lever reaching in over the 3 point. The problem turned out to be a broken control cable, but an odd break. The break was in one of the crimped ends of the cable housing so the able worked fine in tension but in compression it needed to move about 3/8" before it would push and that is longer than the available lever stroke, so I was out of business. The cable arrived late this afternoon, took about an hour to install and button the side console back up and I am back in business. I noticed now that it is working again that there is a high compressive load to push it into float. That was what I was doing when it broke. Glad this didn't happen during last winter's snowstorms or I would have been housebound.

/ Dealer truck made annual visit today #14  
Thanks, I'll check out the other thread.