New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL

/ New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL #21  
Everyone needs a green egg and a tractor, makes the weekend complete.......LOL When I don't have anything planned I can always find something to do with my tractor while the smoker is doing its thing..... Today's menu is a Pork loin...... BBQ for dinner.

Ugh.... Lol... I am stuck at work and that sounds a tad better than the Chinese I ordered!!! Nothing like BBQ... Nothing .... Ok, I do love all food.

/ New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL
i spent the afternoon working with my Kubota L3240. We had over 30 LARGE pine trees cut from my property and have allot of landscaping that needs to be done. Had stumps ground, so I have been spreading top soil and spreading saw dust from stumps. A great tractor for what I need. I am more that happy with the Kubota L3240. Just does everything a home owner could ask with all the options you could want or need. I will be working on a water issue next weekend, have some property during the tree removal that kinda got reshaped from heavy equipment, so I will be taking the box scrape/FEL and doing some drainage repair. I will share my pictures of progress. Just greased the FEL this weekend......Since I am a newbie tractor owner, I read all the forums on what grease to use. I picked the Lucas heavy duty..... I have a little less than 9 hours, so I am ahead of the 10 hrs...... LOL.
PS: The BBQ was great today from the Green Egg....... May do some ribs and chops next weekend, while I play on the Kubota......

/ New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL #23  
Hey One, great looking tractor!

Where did you get the bucket teeth?

Thanks,

When I ordered my tractor from Barlow's, I had them install the tooth bar. I can't see how you would do much digging without one. I knew I had some serious landscaping to do, after reading a number of forums I determined it would be a good option to have. I am glad I made that decision.
I would highly recommend a tooth bar if you plan to do much digging.

/ New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL #25  
When I ordered my tractor from Barlow's, I had them install the tooth bar. I can't see how you would do much digging without one. I knew I had some serious landscaping to do, after reading a number of forums I determined it would be a good option to have. I am glad I made that decision.
I would highly recommend a tooth bar if you plan to do much digging.

What did you end up paying for the Tractor delivered ? or is that classified for each deal made through Barlows ?

I don't recall the exact price. I added a tooth bar, box scrape and some other items. I paid about what I was finding from dealers in my area, I was pleased with the deal we worked out. I could have bought a tractor near me for probably a little less money, but the tractors I found had been sitting on the lots for 2-3 years. I wanted a new tractor that had not been sitting. Barlow's had what I was looking for and the transaction was easy.

/ New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL #27  
Thanks! "Tooth bar", I'll remember that.

Thanks!

I spent my Saturday working on a drainage issue and I had a load of gravel delivered for my driveways as well as my Kubota's home. I spent most of today hauling and spreading gravel. It is amazing what 1 or 2 hours on the tractor can accomplish, I was able to hand work what I couldn't get to with my tractor and finish what would have taken me many weekends with a shovel and a rake without my tractor.
I also went to the gas station and I bought my first full tank of fuel for the L3240............10 hours on my tractor...
I have enclosed a picture of my fine gravel spreading. (LOL) I had to work the hand rake on some of the garage, tight area to work in with the tractor. I plan to hang my GULF sign tomorrow. I had a long day of work, the Kubota needed a rest.........(laughing) Actually I did.... I spent a good bit of time using a hand rake.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
   / New Kubota L3240 HST w/LA 724 FEL #29  
It is fun seeing how quick a big load of gravel can be spread with these tractors. I love that Gulf sign, it will look good there with the Kubota.

The L3240 does a great job. The HST Plus allows the operator to move fast when spreading gravel. I am impressed with Kubota's HST Plus technology.