Used Kubota L3300

/ Used Kubota L3300 #1  

Kevin_in_VA

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC30 Hydro
I have located a used L3300 with the following description:

KUBOTA L3300, 1790 hours, 4x4, ps, 32hp, shuttle trans, ind tires, loader. $12,500

There is no mention of the model year or the general condition of the tractor. There is a photo (attached). I am in hard straights right now. I have an old 31 HP Belarus 250AS tractor that came with the property (I'd have never bought it otherwise). The clock shows 425 hrs and the darn thing needs a clutch and brake job (about $2200 worth of work). The tractor is not worth it.

The plus on the dealer that is offering the L3300 is that they are also the only Belarus dealer in the state, and would accept my old tractor in trade (presumably for parts).

Can anyone offer me advice on the L3300? It looks like the price is a bit high for the hours, but it does have a loader and industrial tires. The trade-in and transportation (about 400 miles worth) will probably be a wash.

I've got 7.5 acres of land (partially wooded), that I need to maintain. I already have a rear rotary mower, a disc, and a rear blade that I would keep.

Kevin

Attachments

• 315266-L3300.jpg
    315266-L3300.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,744
   / Used Kubota L3300 #2  
Kevin,

This is just my opinion of course, but 12,500 seems a bit high for a tractor with that many hours. With only 7.5 acres, you could potentially downsize your tractor just a bit and buy new for not much more money. Interest rates would be better and you'd have a warranty, not to mention the option to go with a hydro tranny. The only problem would be making sure your existing implements are a correct fit.

Surely your old tractor is worth more than cost to transport your new tractor 400 miles /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Even if it needs work, I would be surprised if it wouldn't bring at least $1500 in a private sale.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think you are undervaluing your current tractor and the one you are looking at is overpriced.

/ Used Kubota L3300 #3  
Sounds a little high. I just bought a L3650 w/1300 hours, new Bush Hog QT2246 loader, new 60" bush hog BB, GST, etc, etc and it was $10,800.00.

Stve

/ Used Kubota L3300 #4  
Kevin,If that tractor needs a clutch and brakes with that few of hours,it's had the crap worked out of it...I would walk away and not look back...Keep looking,something will come up...I've seen much better units sell on E-Bay for less money /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Used Kubota L3300 #5  
"If that tractor needs a clutch and brakes with that few of hours,it's had the crap worked out of it...I would walk away and not look back"

You misread the original post. It was the Belarus with 425 hours that had the bad clutch and brakes...nothing was said about the Kubota.

Can't hurt to go look at the Kubota...you can always walk away. However, one of the previous posts did mention about going a bit smaller and looking for a new machine.

Me? No problem with used, but those hours are kind of high (to me).

/ Used Kubota L3300
Thanks for the replies guys. I agree that the hours on the Kubota are high, and for a few thousand more I can get a brand new B7800 or an L3130 with a loader with warranty and everything.

That is what I plan on doing, but I'll have to wait until this spring. We just got done remodelling the kitchen and that set us back 4-Gs. It took some convincing, but the missus is now all for it. I'll be receiving a sizeable bonus check from my employer in March, and that will go to a down payment, and I can take advantage of the usual spring financing incentives. Plus my truck will be paid off by then.

In the meantime I'll have to either contract out the work, or just let it set until the spring. It hasn't been a problem so far, just an eyesore.

Thanks again.

Kevin

/ Used Kubota L3300 #7  
oops,sorry bout that /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif