Kubota dealers?

/ Kubota dealers? #1  

King of the Road

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota SVL90-2 Bobcat T250 Takeuchi TB235 Kioti DK50 Ferris ISX 3300
Are Kubota(and other) tractor dealers similar to car dealers when it comes to trade ins?

I've owned several pieces of equipment, but I've always purchased used from private owners.

I have a 2007 CX backhoe w/ 2,222 hours I'd like to trade in.

The JCB is retailing(asking prices) from 32-35k.

Will it depend on the dealer?

It seems to me that most dealers are asking big bucks for used tractors, so I may be better off selling the JCB and buying from a private seller if I go used instead of new.

I'd love to find a deal like these:
2007 M9540 529 hours $26,000 http://www.rbauction.com/2007-kubota-m9540?invId=7233236&id=ar
Another for $27,000 http://www.rbauction.com/kubota-m9540?invId=8017518&id=ar

I only "need" about 50hp, but if I can find a 529 hour used tractor with 95hp for less than a new tractor with 50hp, I'll take the used tractor.

/ Kubota dealers? #2  
yes Kubota dealer are like car dealers you get hosed at most dealers been there done that 26k for a 95hp is it cab or open station hydro shuddle or mech shuddle with a fel

/ Kubota dealers? #3  
I traded in a Deere on my new Kubota in July. Could I have done better selling myself? Yes. Did I take a hit on trade in value? Yes. But is was gone in one day with little effort. Yippie! How much time and effort do you want to put in, and what is the used market like for your equipment? Philip.

/ Kubota dealers?
yes Kubota dealer are like car dealers you get hosed at most dealers been there done that 26k for a 95hp is it cab or open station hydro shuddle or mech shuddle with a fel

Closed cab. They're in the links I posted. (You may need to be signed in to see the links)

I traded in a Deere on my new Kubota in July. Could I have done better selling myself? Yes. Did I take a hit on trade in value? Yes. But is was gone in one day with little effort. Yippie! How much time and effort do you want to put in, and what is the used market like for your equipment? Philip.

Markets not so good for JCB around here.
The JCB dealer made me a cash offer Friday. I may take that and then hunt for a Kubota at auction.

With prices being what they are new, I may go Kioti if I buy new.

Here are six 85hp Kubotas coming up for auction Tuesday in Sacramento. I may bid on one of them. Just need to check shipping from CA to GA.
Are the crawlers(tracks on back instead of tires any good)?
kubota Search Results | Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers

/ Kubota dealers? #5  
Check financing if buying new. Sometimes Kubota offers 0%. Philip.

/ Kubota dealers? #6  
Only traded one tractor, my BX 2200 when I bought the B2620. The dealer gave me $7500, I bought the B for $15,500. At that time I researched the price on the B and that figure was a 12% discount from retail.
The dealership wholesaled the BX for $7200 and it sold for $7900 at the other dealership (I know this because I know the salesman at the 2nd dealership.) I was satisfied with the way I was treated.

Will

/ Kubota dealers? #7  
It's buyer beware at Ritchie Auctions... They are the world's best a painting used equipment to look good that dealers don't want to sell in their trade area due to its poor condition.

Bill

/ Kubota dealers? #8  
It's buyer beware at Ritchie Auctions... They are the world's best a painting used equipment to look good that dealers don't want to sell in their trade area due to its poor condition.

Bill

That's where all the junk is sold.

/ Kubota dealers? #9  
I've bought over 160 cars and trucks since 1963. Lots of them were trades, straight out purchases and a combination of both. One year I was having so much fun at it that I'd buy a car and put an ad in the paper and sold 3 in a few months but the 4th one I couldn't sell so traded it in and quit that.
I've bought 15 Kubotas in the past 10 years, sold one of them straight out and traded the rest of them to Barlows and currently have 4 on hand. Guess that means I traded in 11 and felt/feel I got a good deal or I wouldn't have done it. I might have gotten a few dollars more if I'd sold them myself but no enough more for me to wait and deal with some of the idiots that want a tractor for $2 or $3 thousand dollars with a 5 year warranty after taking a bad check.
Yes, trading tractors CAN be just like trading cars/trucks. You have to determine a true value for your vehicle/tractor and a fair price for what you want and go from there. Some dealers want to trade and others don't, it's that simple. There is a hugh market out there for people that believe they are saving thousands of dollars buying used and God Bless them, they buy our used stuff so some of us can buy new and feel good about it.:D

/ Kubota dealers? #10  
It seems tractors do not lose as much value as cars/trucks.

You'll always do better selling out right, but usually it's just easier to trade.