Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #12  
My rub is that they are white and untrimed!!! Black is OKAY. And they should be cut to locking block.

My M9540 has a lot of them too, but they are black. I have no problem with Zip Ties if properly installed.

Took me one whole Beer and part of a second one to get them all cut properly. That really bugged me, not being cut.... :(

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:
And cut close and square, no sharp points left to cut the unsuspecting hand or arm.

Yeah that's my main gripe. It hurts like heck to stab your hand on a cut tie! At work we always cut to block. We use a special zip tie tool.

I still can't believe Kubota is using white zip ties. What a joke.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #14  
And cut close and square, no sharp points left to cut the unsuspecting hand or arm.

Yes, and further I always rotate the locking block onto the "blind side" of the bundle so that you do not see them unless you are looking for it. It makes for a much neater install.

James K0UA

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #15  
Can't say for sure, but 'ya might think the white zip ties are the work of some genius doing careless setups at that one dealership. After all, there are photos of probably 6 or 8 other new BX's posted in various threads here on TBN over the last 2-3 months with no white zip ties in sight.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:
Can't say for sure, but 'ya might think the white zip ties are the work of some genius doing careless setups at that one dealership. After all, there are photos of probably 6 or 8 other new BX's posted in various threads here on TBN over the last 2-3 months with no white zip ties in sight.

Hmmmm that's. possibility. They were also on a ZD mower.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #17  
They should use a Zip Gun,pulls them tight and cuts square.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #18  
Those white ones could have been installed by a dealer using what they had on hand and not the black ones Kubota uses. I agree with Murph, why any dealership doesn't have a couple of zip tie guns on hand is beyond me. I have three around the house, two of them allow me to adjust how tight they pull the zip tie before cutting them.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #19  
Heartily agree with all of the above, and like you'all, I am compelled to remediate ones I find on my equipment that are uncut, uneven, or cut too long. I have numerous scars on the insides of my forearms from the slicing action of the sharp corners of cable ties cut at an angle.

I also always try to color match the cable ties to their intended purpose and surroundings.

Thomas

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #20  
I believe what the OP was seeing was a dealership prep job done by a kid; wrong color, not cut, crappy prep.
I have like others here cut myself too many times from careless install of cable ties/zip ties from other's sloppy workmanship. If they're tensioned too tight, especially on wiring harnesses on most machinery, tractors, boats, cars, what have you, they can cause wiring issues over time.
I read recently a manufacturer of joystick handles for tractors/excavators, etc. stating NOT to use them in certain instances where wire harnesses bend sharply etc, and if used at all to make sure that they were not crushing or straining the wires below the sheath, etc.
That got me to thinking. I have replaced hundreds of ties on my boat as I work through the rat's nest of original and two owner's prior to me attempts to fix or rearrange wiring. What I started and continue to use is narrow Velcro ties that come on a roll, available at home centers. The one I use most has one roll of gray and one of black. I find this allows me to rebundle existing or new wiring and gives me access later without having to cut and replace a zip tie. AND it allows for safer rebundling because by not cutting any ties except for what is already in place there is way less chance of accidentally cutting a wire or nicking it. AND I can put a couple of ties together one after another to wrap much larger bundles or go around a ROPS, for instance, or a marine grade T top tube for cleaning the metal as needed, without having to hide the zip tie block, etc. And they're reusable- not something a zip tie can claim.
Give it a try- It's been working for me and for a number of years of 'in house' testing shows they are easy to use and get done what I need to without having to cut and replace over and over.:thumbsup: