Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #31  
I stopped by Barlows today and told them how I and others feel about white zip ties.:cool: :rolleyes: :confused3: :eek: :confused: :D :thumbdown: :shocked::mur:

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #32  
I stopped by Barlows today and told them how I and others feel about white zip ties.:cool: :rolleyes: :confused3: :eek: :confused: :D :thumbdown: :shocked::mur:

Thanks john.I sure hope they email corporate:)
My bx may be getting traded if they are white!!
Wait a minute..... Does that mean if mine is a white tie bx its gonna be worth less on a trade:)

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #33  
Mine are black. Dodged a bullet there. Thanks guys! :cool:

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #34  
The white zip ties are not UV resistant, and will fail.

Dave

They're probably engineered by Kubota....special production, and are UV, acid, and even nuclear resistant zip ties. White Kubota zip ties, and cockroaches are probably all that will survive an apocalypse!

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #35  
Wait a minute..... Does that mean if mine is a white tie bx its gonna be worth less on a trade:)

Yes, it will be of lower value like the 50 series BXs for the knowledgeable crowd but not sure most people will know of the reduced value so they may be able to be slipped by the uninformed white vs black, cut boxed vs cut sharp vs the to many vs the to few ones.
I think there is a reduced value focus group (do they still have focus groups?) that is working NOW on the chart with the reduced value based on the color, length, amount of zip past the cut, degree of sharpness on the end and all of the other variables of bad zipping practices and the degree of danger vs appearance variables.
Flash!!!!! Got an urgent phone call and one Kubota owner told me that he is going to get his tractor dust covered and some mud before taking it to trade so most of the zip problems will not be seen due to being covered up. I told him it might work since the decreased value of a dirty tractor may be less that the decreased value of the bad zipped tractor. I recommended he value them both ways before trading to see how he comes out to the better. Every $10 or $20 can make a difference. I also told him it may be cheaper if he paid a kid to cut off ALL zips of every size, cut and color and let the next owner worry about rubbing hoses, wiring and loose hanging wires but to wash and wax the tractor for sure if he does that.
:confused3: :confused2: :eek: :shocked::ashamed: :cool2:

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #36  

And what ELSE did you do while you were there? Enquiring minds want to know! :) LOL

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #37  

No, those white ones are the "Special Edition" zip ties that are reserved for the truly OCD Kubota buyers. Those tractors will soon be collector's items.

Let's face it, some people just have to have SOMETHING to obsess about. It might as well be zip tie colors. For me, there are a lot of things that might turn me off of buying a particular tractor. Zip tie colors isn't one of them.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:
Easy to see the people that work on machines themselves and who take their machines in for service... Or just trades it in....

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0:
Seriously... I'm curious what you guys do for a living. I hope it's nothing that involves craftsmanship or engineering.

/ Zip ties on new Kubotas?! )0: #40  
Hate to burst the bubble of you owners of black zip ties... Just because they are black, does not mean they are UV resistant. Black non-UV resistant type are very common too and no better than white when it comes to UV exposure. So there!:stirthepot: I think we better pull the specs on the ties and check them against pertinent UL, SAE, and ASTM requirements. Unfortunately, I am on a business trip so it will be several days before I can run out and inspect the color and cut of my ties! :laughing: Are we talking about plastic or diamonds?