Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #1  

mike35549

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538 with FEL
What would be the maximum weight or a 5' or 6' disc and 5' mower that these tractors would handle. Want to get the most heavy duty ones that I can but don't want to get one to heavy for the tractor.

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #2  
On an inquiry like this it will encourage replies if you researched and posted PTO horsepower, weight and outside rear tire widths for the L3800 and L3200.

Are you going to have a Front End Loader (FEL) on your tractor to counterbalance a heavy Rotary Cutter?

(I assume you are interested in a Rotary Cutter/ Bush Hog and not a turf Finish Mower.....)

The rule-of-thumb for Disc Harrows is minimum 5-hp for every 12" of width. This assumes 4-WD.

DISC HARROW LINK:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/275147-disc-harrow-primer-howse-disc.html

Last edited:
   / Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200
Yes I am talking about a rotary cutter. It wil have a FEL. I figured there was several people on here with one of those tractors that could give recommendations based on what size implements they had been using.

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #4  
I have a 5' Hardee Tiger cub cutter. I think it is around 550lbs. I have a 20 blade disk weight is 780lbs, it has width of 6'10". The tractor does great with either of them, loader on or off. I normally leave the loader off when mowing and disking to save unwanted wear on the front axle. None of my tires are loaded.

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #5  
I have the LandPride 5' bush hog. It's listed at 600 lbs. My L3800 handles this with absolutely no problems at all.

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #6  
I have the LandPride 5' bush hog. It's listed at 600 lbs. My L3800 handles this with absolutely no problems at all.

Same here. I also have an old 6 foot hog that it handles just fine.

/ Weight of Disc and Mower for L3800 or L3200 #7  
Hi to all, I just bought my L-3200 and a 5' bush hog a few weeks ago. It works perfectly fine, I attached everything and mowed about 5 acres with it the first day. The hardest part was making a proper turn without wacking a fence post with the mower.