Buying Advice Kubota Air Ride Seat??

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #11  
Can't wait to see what it looks like installed.

Could you please PM me the price?

Stu

Unfortunately, the seat isn't mine (another customer had ordered it for their tractor.) I was on the fence about buying one when I first bought my L4760 (after reading about many of the stories on TBN regarding the L40 seat), so when the seat finally came in the sales person contacted me so I could come take a look at it.

While it looks nice, I don't know that I want to spend $800 for it. To be perfectly honest, the new suspension seat on the L60 series has been working well for me. Also, I probably won't be able to get any pictures of the installation since I doubt I'll be back to the dealer by early next week (it will be heading off to it's new home by then.)

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #12  
Thanks for the info!

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #13  
Unfortunately, the seat isn't mine (another customer had ordered it for their tractor.) I was on the fence about buying one when I first bought my L4760 (after reading about many of the stories on TBN regarding the L40 seat), so when the seat finally came in the sales person contacted me so I could come take a look at it.

While it looks nice, I don't know that I want to spend $800 for it. To be perfectly honest, the new suspension seat on the L60 series has been working well for me. Also, I probably won't be able to get any pictures of the installation since I doubt I'll be back to the dealer by early next week (it will be heading off to it's new home by then.)

Do you have a picture of your stock seat? Here is the OEM L40.

Attachments

• IMG_8401.jpg
    IMG_8401.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 1,318
   / Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #14  
Here's the Grammer air ride in the L40 ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 697
   / Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #15  
I couldn't really get a great picture of the new L60 Air-Ride seat option from Kubota (err, I mean from Grammer! :) ) since it wasn't installed yet, but here's what I was able to capture fresh out of the box while at my dealer this morning. The seat is made of cloth and does come with an adjustable headrest.

View attachment 344889View attachment 344890View attachment 344888

I wonder what it would cost here?

Grammer MSG 75 G - 531

I have not had any problems with my L40 seat after I played with the adjustment.

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #16  
Do you have a picture of your stock seat? Here is the OEM L40.

I will post a picture once my L4760 comes back from servicing at the dealer. The seat is different than one on the L40 series.

I wonder what it would cost here?

Grammer MSG 75 G - 531

I posted a picture of the part number in case people wanted to try adapting this model. I probably should have also mentioned that the seat didn't come in a Kubota branded box; it had Grammer predominantly on the side of the box, so I'm not sure what if anything was Kubota specific. It's possible that the seat base on the L60 series could have been designed for this model of Grammer air-ride seat, but I can't confirm this for sure.

I have not had any problems with my L40 seat after I played with the adjustment.

Either have I, so I really can't justify spending the money on it right now. Plus, I still need spend a bunch of money on filling some land behind my house for the Shelterlogic install (the real reason I was at the dealer this week was to look at a Kubota mini excavator to help with the project! :) )

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #17  
Here's a pic of the seat from my L4060.

When I look at the pics of the new air ride seat I am confused about the base??? Is the base part of the new seat or a seperate base like shown in 4shorts picture?

I hope it has a seperate base, cause it doesn't look like it would mount on the current seat base?

The new seat pics don't show the seat belts, or operator presence system?

If you have to remove the whole seat and just install what is shown in the pics.....thats going to be a short seat..... especially when you look at the current seat.....or 4shorts seat.

Then again.....maybe I am missing something?

Attachments

• DSC00855.jpg
    DSC00855.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 1,777
   / Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #18  

I find the older I get the more important a soft, comfortable seat is, my wife and I both have back problems and are in our 60's, when I was younger, I drove tractors with little suspension and steel seats. We have a regular suspension seat in our M8540 and it is quite comfortable. At some point though, I may put an air ride in it.

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #19  
I find the older I get the more important a soft, comfortable seat is, my wife and I both have back problems and are in our 60's, when I was younger, I drove tractors with little suspension and steel seats. We have a regular suspension seat in our M8540 and it is quite comfortable. At some point though, I may put an air ride in it.

I have the air ride seat in my M5040 and it is well worth it.

You keep the same seat.....it just removes the exisiting base and adds the air ride base..... a very nice improvement for around $500.

Stu

/ Kubota Air Ride Seat?? #20  
I have the air ride seat in my M5040 and it is well worth it.

You keep the same seat.....it just removes the exisiting base and adds the air ride base..... a very nice improvement for around $500.

Stu

Thanks, I didn't know that. I paid $1100 for the Grammar for my L5740 and didn't want to do that again.