FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet #1  

Steve_Carver

Approved Advertiser
Tractor
200 + Kubota Tractors
Please be very careful while "studying the spec. on paper."
They are very important but can be seriously misleading to "first time shoppers."
The minor differences between one brand or another (or one model or another) may have nothing to do with the goals you have set for the tractor at YOUR HOME or RANCH. Indeed, often times a tractor with certain lesser specs. may better perform the task you have in mind.
HP, lifting capacities, engine cu. in.s, etc. must be understood fully and how they'll apply to your particular situation.

I have found that the "standard equipment" issues are specifically more important to the first time shoppers.
The type and quality of operator seats, cushioned platforms, steering, PTO features, lighting, grille guard, joystick control valves, three point hitch components and stabilizers are ALL UP FOR GRABS when the seal is struck. The "delivered final package" with or without all the standard equipment is the main thing the shopper should be focused on.

We provide this web-service that is being used by shoppers and our fellow/competeive dealer sales teams:

Start here at the Kubota Tractor, main menu:
http://www.carverequipment.com/tractor_menu_page.htm

Then click on the model you are considering for general information and links for the details and tips.
Example: Tractor Model (B2410 example)
http://www.carverequipment.com/b2410_intro.htm

Link - You'll find detail specifications, and weights and measurements (with and without loaders)
http://www.carverequipment.com/b2410_weights_and_measures.htm

Link - You'll find detail information about the standard equipment offered on each model.
http://www.carverequipment.com/extra/b2410_hsd__standard_equipment.htm

Link - http://www.carverequipment.com/new_b2410_order.htm
A complete list (with pricing guidelines) for the tractors, tires, loaders and scores of options with photos.

We invite to use these pages as often as you'd like. We believe that the better informed shopper make the best "Value Decisions." We'll appreciate your advise and notes when you find typo's or do not find info you'd like to see on the webpage.

Good luck and happy shopping.
Steve

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet #2  
Steve,

That is a seriously informative set of pages! Thanks!

John Bud

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet #3  
Steve:

Thanks for your contributions to this board.
I want to be sure I understand your statement "...ALL UP FOR GRABS when the seal is struck. The "delivered final package" with or without all the standard equipment is the main thing the shopper should be focused on." {emphasis added}
Are your saying that "standard equipment" isn't? That is, even if it is listed on your site (for instance) under "standard equipment" that unless these things are specifically listed in a purchase contract the buyer may not necessarily get them?

WVBill

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet
Good morning WVBill,

Several times a month a shopper (who purchased elsewhere) will send me a note saying "something like this"--

"Was I supposed to get a grille guard with my loader"?

I have to answer (something like this)...
1. "Was it listed as an itemized part of your deal?
2. 'Did the your purchase order say "with all standard equipment included"?
3. Did you purchase order say "as is, where is" ?
4. Did you tell the dealer that you were not ever going to remove the backhoe from your B20,B21,L35... any you want to buy it as cheap as possible ?
5. Did you bargain away "anything I really don't need" to get the cheapest price ?
6. Did you buy it as a USED UNIT ?

WVBill
All these factors do play into equipment purchasing situations.
The "inexperience purchaser" needs to beware that "Std. equip. may have been removed (nor never delivered to the first buyer) and/or not included in their delivered package for various reasons.

We make the EXTRA EFFORT with each order (new and used) to make sure that the shopper
First -- knows what the std. equip . is.
Second -- knows that's it's included in our offer
Third -- If the shopper is "barginning for every chip" that we discuss in detail what the values are SO THAT THAT ARE NO SURPRISES.

I assure you that some equipment sellers (new, used, auction yards, private) do not.

So the shoppers ... need first to be informed -- and then to see it in writing on the purchase order --
1. If it's new, late model or program "includes all standard equipment"
2. If you bargaining away some components ... list them.

If used and buying from another brand dealer that may have NON IDEA what was originally listed as standard equip...
Then YOU need to know so you can ask them the hard questions before you "seal the deal."

Recently there was discussion about the three point hitch components on the L35s being discovered missing from a used L35. That an expensive THING to learn that one has to purchase .. after the sale .. to fulfill the goals of the equipment. Indeed, if a shopper had know they were going to have to anti up another $1000. --- the later model, program or new tractors (at lower rate financing) will become more attractive.

Typical "shorted" items causing lost values are:
manuals
grille guards
three point hitch parts
pto covers
quick hitch pins
SMV signs
floor mats
All these items were omitted from a used B21 delivered (as is -where is) would have $1400. less value than one that was delivered with all the standards equip.(as if new) included.
That equals 5% of new value and as much as 10% of a used B20 or B21 unit.

And if the 4 post ROPS and steel roof is removed (leaving a reg. ROLL Bar) the value loss is increased another approx. $900.

Best wishes,
Steve

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet #5  
Mr. Carver, thank you for doing what you do... I know on no one who has helped the shopper, especially the first time shopper, stay informed. With all the general information on your sight, it is hard to thank of and other place that would have more... I know when I was starting to look at a tractor I checked your site a bunch. Again thank you.

/ FOCUS - Standard equip. and the spec.s sheet #7  
Steve:

Wow - thank you.
I got my tractor from my Father-in-law so have never had the experience of buying a tractor -from a dealer or otherwise. In terms of buying new, I assumed it would be sort of like buying a car or truck. I guess it's not! Thanks again for your insight.

WVBill