B2620 questions

/ B2620 questions #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Dealer never said anything about it, but I just read the B2620's have a 14.5A dynamo. Is it necessary to upgrade to the alternator to run two extra front work lights and one rear work light. Not sure what kind of lights they are installing. Will be doing lots of nightime snowblowing. Will the dynamo keep up?

Anybody know how long a B2620 with fel and rear blower is?

Thanks.

/ B2620 questions #2  
I thought it was a 20A alternator (is on my 2920 in the US), but I read that Canada does in fact use a 14.5A dynamo.

You can use LED work lights if concerned about the load. Not only are they a lot more durable, but they use a fraction of the power. I think both of my LED work lights draw 3A combined. They cost more, but you get a whole lot more light for the wattage.

/ B2620 questions #3  
buying a bigger alternator will cost a lot more than the increase in bucks for LED lights

/ B2620 questions #4  
I have the standard dynamo and kubota factoryworkilights (not led). They are about the max it can handle, but they do work.

/ B2620 questions #5  
It depends on how many amps the lights draw. I think you will be pushing it. How many amps is the alternator upgrade?

/ B2620 questions #7  
I would upgrade to the alternator then. The BX comes standard with a 40 amp alternator.

/ B2620 questions #8  
The alternator upgrade would future proof you for adding an aftermarket cab, or using 12 volt DC to move the snow blower deflector or chute. You didn't say what you opted for as far as those go.

/ B2620 questions
Thanks for the info everyone. Talked to dealer today and they are adding the 40A alternator.

CHDinCT......they added one rear work light, two forward facing on the ROPS. I went with the 51" rear mount snowblower (so I can keep the loader on) with hydraulic chute rotation. I only added one remote and will leave the deflector manual for now.
Only other electrical draw I can see adding is a 12V power point.
Was thinking about a cab, but didn't at this point. They wanted $4800 for a Curtis soft side installed and over 5 grand for hard cab. And the new B2650 cab was way more than I wanted to spend.

/ B2620 questions #10  
out of curiosity what is it costing for the upgrade? I wasthinking of doing it to power a winch that I'd hook to a tow receiver for moving small logs.