Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #1  

TailDragon

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 1652 Cab
Was at the nearest Kubota dealership getting filters for the F series fleet when I looked at the new RTVs.
Have been tempted to get one (used) for around the air park, But the 2014 models look very good with the new suspension and other features. Started looking on Craig"s list thinking a mini truck might be as good as the 1100.
Ended up getting a 99.5 Ford F350 XT 4x4 dually 7.3 6 speed with a 9 foot flatbed (non dumping).$4,000 clean title, stock with only 266375 miles on it. Hauls a large amount of trimmed limbs and branches I am cutting to make it easier to mow with the Kubotas. Wonder if a RTV will fit on the flatbed?
If i hit one of the lotteries I will look at Kubotas again. About to pay off the GR2120 and do not want another payment at this time. The guys did say that F 3990 would run the 100 inch deck without a problem.

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #2  
:) From a RTV to a Mini Japanese truck to a Ford dually hugh truck. You know that's a bit schizo, don't you?:shocked: :D
Sounds a bit like me. I traded a 12 ga shotgun to a bicycle and Steve Barlow heard part of the trade details and ended up trading him a Hoosier cabinet and money to a JD LT155 and then buying a 20 Ga Remington Pump shot gun. Got to drop some money off with him today. Also bought a vinyl sided, shingle roofed storage building last week that included a B7100 4wd HST 1100 hours Kubota with a 54" almost new MMM and I have no use for the Kubota and now want to sell or trade it for almost anything, what about your GR2120?:confused3: Don't you need another Kubota tractor with 3ph, 4wd, HST, MMM?:confused: Bring it up on that BIG BIG truck and take this B7100 back.:cool2: Or put a smaller pick up truck on it and bring it up and take the B7100 back. It has levers all over the place and you'll love it.:thumbsup:

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas
Since this is the "Buying/Pricing" area I will try to stay on point.
I would like (not need) a Kubota RTV for running around the air park.
I have a MF 1652 HST with cab, 3 rear remotes and a 3rd function on the front loader for bigger stuff.
I have a MF 1529 HST , front loader , 2 rear remotes for tighter quarters and smaller places.
The 1652 still has about 24 more payments out of 72 (0%). the 1529 I bought for cash as the loader was free at that time(cash, if financed the cost 3200 was added to the amount financed). You can use these tractors for carrying stuff but have to watch the bucket to make sure you have not spilled anything. A RTV would have been handier for those multiple trips.
The Kubotas I have are all mowers for special purposes and areas, about to pay the GR2120 off (36 months @ 0%), just started in AUG paying on F3680 #2 (36 months @ 0%) no cash discount offered, the ZD331 I traded in had about 24 payments left (60 months @ 0% with out any cash discount offered at the time).
I try to keep payments down to where my retirement will cover my bills if my part time job goes away. Can start SS next year.
This long winded tale is to explain how I ended up buying a second Ford F350 7.3 PSD 4x4 instead of a higher priced RTV.

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #4  
Looks like you've got enough tractors and mowers. I to try to keep my payments in line with my SS and State retirement checks plus rental income to cover rental property use equipment. Looks like I've got about 3 that will be paid off in the next year with only the B2620 payment going on for about 3 and a half more years. Last time I paid a couple off, Kubota sent me three $500 off coupons for another purchase. Maybe they'll do it again and I'll look strong at trading the B2620 FEL BH to a new BX25.:)

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas
I would like to hear from others who have researched a piece of equipment and then bought something else you were not considering at that time. This truck had just been posted on Craig's list, have seen parts trucks offered for more.
Now to research J. T's latest Kubota, I do have storage space in my new building for a small fee. :laughing:

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #6  
I would like to hear from others who have researched a piece of equipment and then bought something else you were not considering at that time.
It would take days for me to do this list :D This truck had just been posted on Craig's list, have seen parts trucks offered for more.
Now to research J. T's latest Kubota, I do have storage space in my new building for a small fee. :laughing:
I have storage rentals but I use most of them for my "stuff". I built a 24'x72' building so I could put my "stuff" in it and then rent out the storage spaces but alas, more stuff keeps coming in and only rent 4 storage units out of 11.:) You (or someone) needs to buy this B7100 before I have Jerry detail it which will increase price $500 when it looks shiny and new.:D

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #7  
What do you want for the 7100? Can't have too many Kubota's right?

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #8  
What do you want for the 7100? Can't have too many Kubota's right?

$3000 cash as is or $3500 shiney or trade. Barlows told me about $3500/$4000 and they are usually pretty cheap on their prices.

/ Problems trying to keep up with John Thomas #9  
Sounds like a very good price, now I just need to make the wife understand.