Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #1  

Sodo

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-series & Mini Excavator
I just bought a kubota KX41-3v mini-excavator. It has 1200 hrs, $14k, 3700lbs, hydr thumb, travel speed 2.6mph. I'll use it mostly for land cleanup then sell it if it doesn't get used.

I'll sell my BX24 and get a 30hp tractor with just an FEL. I think the KX41 + a tractor (no backhoe) will cost the same as a (newer) 30hp TLB, and be more useful. It was interesting that the little KX41 takes up only 50% more barn space than the (removed) BX backhoe. And it moves - the backhoe just sits there, only way to move it is to attach it to the tractor.

In my search, I heard more than once "the days of the $10k mini-X are long gone." One salesman told me so many contractors went under there were lots on the mkt a few years ago. But in the last 4 years nobody bought new machines so there are very few 2008-2012 on the mkt now. Or they have 5.000 hours.

Had to drive it 1.5 miles in the snow, uphill. It took 65 minutes, it doesnt go 2.6mph uphill. Snow was almost as deep as the tracks, i was getting worried, arrived at my barn 9:15pm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 4,451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 796
   / Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #2  
Nice addition. My guess is you won't have a hard time in selling your BX.

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #3  
Congrats on the mini-x. I envy your ability to dig a little from this direction, then easily move a little bit and dig some more from another direction, all without raising and lowering outriggers or turning the seat around.

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #4  
Congrats! That's a handy mini-ex.

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #5  
Congrats on the mini-x. I envy your ability to dig a little from this direction, then easily move a little bit and dig some more from another direction, all without raising and lowering outriggers or turning the seat around.
Yes a little luxury for sure. Did look at them before deciding on a BX. The versatility swayed my in the end even though the initial projects would be accomplished more efficiently with mini excavator but after that, would need to unload for another machine. Didn't want the hassle. No regrets with the BX!

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #6  
Yes a little luxury for sure. Did look at them before deciding on a BX. The versatility swayed my in the end even though the initial projects would be accomplished more efficiently with mini excavator but after that, would need to unload for another machine. Didn't want the hassle. No regrets with the BX!

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #7  
Has any man ever looked at a mini excavator and not thought on some level "I want one."? Congrats.

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #8  
Nice machine! I asked a Kubota dealer I had bought a L3710 from about a backhoe attachment. He said gave me a shocking number but also said he would need to see about what more I might need and get back. After waiting on him for several months I found a mini-ex for only $3k more than he wanted for the attachment. One of my best buys ever. Often I load the mini into my dump trailer which I have hooked to my L5740 and head out to do things like replace culverts, dig in water and electrical lines, and all kinds of other stuff around our farms. The mini also comes in handy cleaning up areas with nails and other crud where I would be afraid to puncture a tire. I think you will find it indispensable.

/ Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to using it. Pretty sure the BX will be easy to sell this spring, it's so useful to a small landowner.

342401d1382327247-brushfork-w-5-mini-stick-rakes_off.jpg

I plan to attach my 5 mini brush rakes to the bucket & thumb, and I think I can pick up sticks like nobody's business. It will be a quick-attach arrangement.

Often I load the mini into my dump trailer.
Now that's an interesting thought….

Last edited:
   / Got mini-excavator, selling BX24 TLB #10  
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to using it. Pretty sure the BX will be easy to sell this spring, it's so useful to a small landowner.

I plan to attach my 5 mini brush rakes to the bucket & thumb, and I think I can pick up sticks like nobody's business. It will be a quick-attach arrangement.
No doubt the BX should be an easy sell.

Very interested to see what your mini rake setup looks like attached. And how you did it. Please post pics.