Buying Advice B3300SU as First Machine

/ B3300SU as First Machine #1  

gks

Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
I'm in the market for my first machine which was precipitated by having to rent a machine last week to dig out the 1,000 foot driveway. I'll use for snow removal, driveway maintenance, a garden, some food plots, minor logging and woods work. I'm close to settling on the B3300SU because of perceived value and size (I think I want to be in the 30 HP range). What are the pros and cons? Also, does the B3300SU have a mid PTO for a potential future mower or front mount snow blower?

/ B3300SU as First Machine #2  
I think it is a good decision for what you outlined to be in the 30hp range or even slightly larger. No mid pto on the B3300 and not an option. For that option you would have to go with the B3200.
Did you consider some other brands like Massey or Kioti etc.? You might want to consider ag tires instead of the standard R4's for the tasks outlined, but you can find a wealth of tire selection info on this site with a simple search. Also, the only tire difference between the B3200 and the B3300 are in the R4 style. They put larger ones on the B3300 while in the other tread patterns they share the same tire size.

Anyway, I am happy with my 3300. Btw, what did you rent?

/ B3300SU as First Machine
H aha ha I rented a 1995 New Holland 1520 with 4500 hours on it. And it showed. But it got the job done.

/ B3300SU as First Machine #4  
Here is a LINK to the 73 threads with 'B3300SU' in the title, residing in the T-B-N archive:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1298286

I put 200 hours on my B3300SU before selling it to buy a heavier Kubota L3560. I was very pleased with the package.

I believe the B3300SU is still has Tier 3 emissions controls, less complex than tractors now offered with Tier 4 emissions controls.

Last edited:
Corey,

I am interested. I was planning to visit up there Saturday. Can you please private message me your very best number? I am also talking to two other dealers. I don't want to dicker too much at. Just want the best deal I can find. Also, we are very interested in the 0% 60 month financing.

Thank you very much.

gks

/ B3300SU as First Machine #7  
I just bought one of these this week!
It also is my first tractor. Haven't taken delivery yet. But I have been pleased with my dealer and the deal I got from him.
I thought it was the best combination of value, price, and ability. I decided I didn't need the mid PTO, but I did want the Tier 3 engine.
I did a lot of looking on here and other websites as well as talking to folks who owned all different makes of tractors. Everyone seemed to agree the Kubota is a solid choice.
Good luck with whatever you chose!

/ B3300SU as First Machine #8  
I just bought one of these this week!
It also is my first tractor. Haven't taken delivery yet. But I have been pleased with my dealer and the deal I got from him.
I thought it was the best combination of value, price, and ability. I decided I didn't need the mid PTO, but I did want the Tier 3 engine.
I did a lot of looking on here and other websites as well as talking to folks who owned all different makes of tractors. Everyone seemed to agree the Kubota is a solid choice.
Good luck with whatever you chose!

I too like the Orange.:D

GardenRod, first, congrats. Second, can I ask what you are paying? Third, why is Tier 3 important?

/ B3300SU as First Machine #10  
Cons for me at least are the quarter inching 3PH, turnbuckles and lack of extendable lift links.