Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

Default Re: B2320 FEL 54" MMM....High Demand so High Price?

Hey, how about a B2650? Get it with turfs, mmm, fel and cab and NO dust!

Tractor
    Kubota

I've been looking and looking. Drove different tractors and found the B2320 to be a very nice tractor. I drove a NH Boomer 30 and I couldn't believe how tight the driver area was. I'm 6'7 and I didn't expect to have alot of room but the 'bota has plenty for me. All reviews of the 2320 have been great. Is there anyone that has a poor review? I'm probably going to buy one by the end of the week. Speak now or forever hold your .........

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Z View Post
    I've been looking and looking. Drove different tractors and found the B2320 to be a very nice tractor. I drove a NH Boomer 30 and I couldn't believe how tight the driver area was. I'm 6'7 and I didn't expect to have alot of room but the 'bota has plenty for me. All reviews of the 2320 have been great. Is there anyone that has a poor review? I'm probably going to buy one by the end of the week. Speak now or forever hold your .........
    I've bought 17 Kubotas in 11 years. One of them was my first and last gear drive, a B2320. Great tractor but not in gear drive, HST ONLY.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota

Pulled the trigger. kubota B3200, FEL, box blade and front blower. Gonna destroy winter!

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Z View Post
    Pulled the trigger. kubota B3200, FEL, box blade and front blower. Gonna destroy winter!
    You'll be happy. Great compact tractor.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota

So get this. The dude I was buying my tractor from, was selling a trailer with it. I said I didn't want the trailer so we negotiated a price for the B3200. Good to go.....but, dude was working on the oil rig and his tour is ending May 1. I had to wait. We settled on a price, my bank was in contact with him, probably fifteen email between us. I had a delivery of product to a nearby town for a friend's pest extermination biz to offset gas costs (tractor was 10 hrs away). Got time off work, child care for my daughter was set up so my wife didn't need to take off work. The dude emails me and says that someone offered for the trailer too. Sold the tractor from under me. Karma is a b**ch my friend. I hope he gets a bank certified cheque like I was going to offer him!!! So much for contracts and honour. Back to searching.
    Anyways, I saw a Case IH C30 today. Nice looking machine. Any thoughts?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 650, Ford 8n, John Deere Model 70 Kubota BX25D

Thread hijack:

How do you like the Ferris mower? Is it one with the suspension setup? Does it ride smooth?

Reason I ask is I am in the starting stages of looking for a new lawn mower, it has to be one of the Ferris or Simplicity mowers with the suspension setups...I think those are the only ones that have it. However I have NEVER been on one....if those springs don't really help smooth out the ride then I will just stick with what I have.

Real bad back issues make it painful to mow, I have to mow slow....I have tried different zero turns, some very expensive commercial machines, others smaller, but never one with springs.

Sorry for the hijack.

Tractor
    B2320

The Ferris was an excellent mower, nicely built, well thought out. It of course rode better than a zero turn without suspension, but not as nice as my B2320. I think the big wheels make the difference. The model I had was an IS1500Z. It had rear swing arm type suspension and anti chatter springs on a center pivoting "axle" that held the casters in front. No suspension seat. If I were you I would try the next model up from Ferris, the IS2000. It has true independent front suspension. If that one was also equipped with a suspension seat, that would probably be about as good as you could get.

Dale

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee140 View Post
    Thread hijack:

How do you like the Ferris mower? Is it one with the suspension setup? Does it ride smooth?

Reason I ask is I am in the starting stages of looking for a new lawn mower, it has to be one of the Ferris or Simplicity mowers with the suspension setups...I think those are the only ones that have it. However I have NEVER been on one....if those springs don't really help smooth out the ride then I will just stick with what I have.

Real bad back issues make it painful to mow, I have to mow slow....I have tried different zero turns, some very expensive commercial machines, others smaller, but never one with springs.

Sorry for the hijack.
    I have a Ferris IS700Z and it really does smooth out the rough spots. I have a Craftsman ZTR6000 and the difference in ride is like the difference in riding on a horse drawn buckboard or in a Roll Royce. It also burns about 30% less fuel than the Craftsman mowing the same area. Get one with the Kawasaki engine if you buy (they also come with Briggs engine) Mines has the FS grade 690V engine but if you really want to splurge get one with the FX grade (full commercial grade), it has an upgraded air cleaner system on it as the most notable change, maybe other internal changes also. I had to put tractor lug type tires on the Craftsman in order to mow even slight hill as the turfs would just spin out, but the turfs on the Ferris do a good job mowing uphill, downhill or side ways on a slope and the heavy duty transmission will keep you going the same speed up hill as downhill. The Craftsman will run away on a step downhill slope.
    The only thing I use the Craftsman for now it mowing swampy area. The tractor lug tires pull right on thru muddy spots without getting stuck as long as I don't high center the mower deck.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

To the OP, I think you must have some brain damage. Trading in an almost new tractor to get a belly mower and turf tires is a real bad move. And if you think you can mow with the belly mower as well as you can with a ZTR, you are going to be in for a BIG surprise. NOTHING mows as well as a lawnmower and your statement about the tractor riding better than the lawnmower, I don't believe that statement one bit. You may have convinced yourself of it as a way to justify your purchase, but no way will a tractor with hard suspension and only give being in the tires ride better than a Ferris lawnmower with the shock and spring suspension. If you put on an air ride suspension seat you may get the equivalent ride, but put one of those on the FERRIS and you would be floating on a cloud.

There is just no way I would trade tractor for tractor and throw in a $6000+ lawnmower AND give $3500 to boot just to get a belly mower and turf tires. Just by the Belly mower & turf tires for your present tractor for around the same money figure you are talking, keep the Ferris till you are sure you want to get rid of it, then sell it for 4-5K. You will be $9k TO THE GOOD.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast