Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by kcender View Post
    I have the turf tires and mow in 2WD without the loader attached.I don't use the B2620 for mowing any more because of this and bought a GR2120 for mowing.
    Really? I just was about to pull the pin on a B2620. Have a woman coming to buy the BX tomorrow morning. Now I don't know. I agree from what I saw, but I can't afford two units... One dedicated to mowing.

Tractor
    GR2120 B2650 Cab

Default Re: Its crunch time... Zero or B series?

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Really? I just was about to pull the pin on a B2620. Have a woman coming to buy the BX tomorrow morning. Now I don't know. I agree from what I saw, but I can't afford two units... One dedicated to mowing.
    I am not trying to confuse the issue but just saying what my experience was.Before the B2620 I had a BX2360 with a 54 inch fine cut deck that I used exclusively for mowing.In my opinion the BX is a better mower,more maneuverable with less turf damage.It would be better than the B2620 for mowing but not as good as the GR2120.This is just my opinion,many people mow with the B series tractors and seem to be happy with them.I have a yard,not a lawn,but I just didn't like the big circles in my yard from mowing around obstacles.I do have a slightly used mower deck for sale that will fit a Bxx20 series tractor,if anybody is interested .

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post

My friends B didn't seem to tear the grass up much. And it has R4 tires on it! Maybe it depends on your soil conditions.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

Lawn damage depends on different things. The soil type, whether you mow with the FEL on, tire type, moisture level, etc.

I remove the FEL for mowing and don't use 4WD. This and the last tractor have had R4's and RFM's. To trim around a tree, post, etc. I cut close to the object and swerve a bit to swing the deck. Most times there's no need for anything further. The solar lights have a small pipe that does require one slalom pass to trim close enough.

Since building here in '89 I've had one 60" belly mower, two 60' RFM's and now a 72" RFM. With the 72" deck I can comfortably mow at 23 minutes per acre. That's 15 minutes less per acre than with the previous 60" RFM on a B7500. I doubt I could reduce the time very much using anything else, and I like the "Swiss Army Knife" capability of the tractor. The same machine can use the FEL, box blade, landscape rake, scraper blade or whatnot.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

R4's may be the secret without a continuous slicing edge like turfs. I may opt for the R4's after seeing how the new Kenda 500's cut circles.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota f2690, kubota bx2680, kubota rtv x900

I have both the zd326 and b2620, I personally don't like how the b2620 mows, the zd mows much better in my opinion. When and if I replace my zd326 I will probably go with the F series mower, it seems they have better traction than the ZD.
    Bill
    Kubota F2690
    BX2680, FEL, MMM, PALLET FORKS
    60" LANDPRIDE REAR BLADE, Yard Rake, Tank Sprayer
    KUBOTA ZD326P traded
    2014 Kubota RTV-X900 with Boss V Snowplow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12