Its crunch time... Zero or B series?

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Hello,

So Tuesday I go to pick up my ZD326P with 60" mower. I mow one yard for profit and then use on my farm as well. Total mowing per week around 8 acres.

My friend just got a B2620. He really likes it and says it mows great! So now I'm having second thoughts. I had considered getting same tractor with BH and front loader and 60" deck.

So what should I buy? The ZD or the B? I love the multifunctional use of the B. But I wanna be able to get the mowing done fast. He has a JD zero and really likes the B.

Where I mow there's a couple long hills. So being able to go up the hills at max mowing speed is really important.

Thanks for any advice! btw I have a Kubota L3830 with loader already. I do not want to put a hoe on it.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #2  
Just my opinion after having a commercial Z mower.

I'd go with a Zero turn. Grass will be cut quick.

I found with my BX if I went too fast the grass that was mashed down by the front tires did not get cut well.

With the zero turn, as long as the ground was fairly smooth I could go about top speed.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series?
Just my opinion after having a commercial Z mower.

I'd go with a Zero turn. Grass will be cut quick.

I found with my BX if I went too fast the grass that was mashed down by the front tires did not get cut well.

With the zero turn, as long as the ground was fairly smooth I could go about top speed.

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I'm thinking too.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #4  
With 8 acres I would go with a 72 deck, I have a zd331 72" and no way would I go back using a finish mower on a tractor. If price was not a problem a f series but step up to a 72" deck and save your self some time.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #5  
Are the place you are mowing smooth enough were you can take advantage of the higher mowing speed of the ZTR? You could also step up to a B3200 and get a 72" MMM which would be faster. I have a few places smooth enough in my yard that I can mow flat out high with the BX and it still cuts good.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #6  
Go with the ZD,much better for mowing.The B2620 will tear up the turf when making turns unless you are extremely careful and make three point turns,which slows down the mowing time.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #7  
You already have a tractor. If you mow frequently while grass is short the Z is OK and as long as you don't have steep areas. If you wait to mow when the grass has some length and/or you have steep areas just go for the best, get a Kubota F. Kubota rates the F as capable of faster speeds which is just advertising since no one can drive either the Z or F at full speed except on a paved area.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #8  
...The B2620 will tear up the turf when making turns unless you are extremely careful and make three point turns,which slows down the mowing time...

Which tires do you have that tear up the turf? I test drove a B2620 Friday, and it did cut on turns with turfs. I was wondering if R4s would've better as their edge tread is intermittent. The test ride had a loader installed, and the turf was damp.

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series?
I mowed on the friends B2620. Works great! But I think I'll still get the zero. Its so much more comfortable and easier to steer. I get tired of spinning the steering wheel!

Going to pick it up now. I'll post a pic per the rules! Lol

/ Its crunch time... Zero or B series? #10  
Which tires do you have that tear up the turf? I test drove a B2620 Friday, and it did cut on turns with turfs. I was wondering if R4s would've better as their edge tread is intermittent. The test ride had a loader installed, and the turf was damp.
I have the turf tires and mow in 2WD without the loader attached.I don't use the B2620 for mowing any more because of this and bought a GR2120 for mowing.