My New To Me L4330

/ My New To Me L4330 #1  

LSU L4330

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330
Well the day has finally happened. After over a year of non stop searching for the right deal and begging, borrowing and fixing borrowed to keep the property maintained the deed is done. Also came with a 6 ft HOWSE bush hog and a 6ft Woods box blade. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

District 5-20140418-00900.jpg

Just dropped it off at the local dealer. Ordered a new LA853 to get it going in the right direction. Oh, but before I dropped it off I had to compound out and wax the orange......

District 11-20140420-00920.jpg

Does this mean I have a problem........ Is there a 12 step program for this. :D

Thanks to all on here for the years worth of good reading to aid in this decision.

/ My New To Me L4330 #2  
Nice machine! You can try the 12 step, but seems like it doesn't help much. Seat-time might help a little. Or make it worse. Maybe post another photo when the loader is mounted...

/ My New To Me L4330
Yea I hear that. Miss her already but can't wait to get the loader on and get some work done. Got a lot of trails and food plots that are growing strong and want to stay ahead of the game. Spent the first couple days chopping what I could. Ready for some more seat time!

IMG-20140419-00905.jpg

Now need to decide what to add first. Have about a 90 acre section that we select cut late last summer that the loggers left a **** mess and need to clear up all those trails so I think I am going to get the Everything Attachments Severe XTreme Duty Landscape Rake. The videos he did look like that thing is very stout and should really help clean things up on those trails. Have read a lot of good things about them. Would also not mind that Wicked Root Grapple but it's a bit on the pricey side of the grapples I have looked at and I need front remotes for that as well. Will have to mull that over a bit. Too many new toys to ponder...... :cool2:

/ My New To Me L4330 #4  
Hey Nice machine. Nice detail work too. I bought a landscape rake and its a P.I.A. everything gets stuck in the rake. Like grass,branches,and anything else you can Imagine. Need a 4 foot piece of flat steel stock just to get it out. I have to clear up 50 acres after the previous owners logged it off and the logging company left a mess. If I hadn't bought a truck last month I would be attaching a grapple as we speak.
You can hook the grapple up to one of your scv remotes in the back to save money. It will cost around $250 to have custom hoses made. You could install a diverter valve or a complete hydraulic 3rd function up front witch will run over a $1000 with labor. Next year is a grapple for sure. There is always a summer of overtime but I like my sun shine. Good luck.

/ My New To Me L4330 #5  
Compounding and waxing! I was just going to wax my recently acquired 2004 L3130... now I have to rethink my laziness. It is addictive, but in a good way. Take care of it, and you just have made your savings useful- the value will remain pretty stable and when you sell it, you will recover your investment. How about some details, like hours, approx. cost, etc.? Looks really nice, by the way.

/ My New To Me L4330
Hey Nice machine. Nice detail work too. I bought a landscape rake and its a P.I.A. everything gets stuck in the rake. Like grass,branches,and anything else you can Imagine. Need a 4 foot piece of flat steel stock just to get it out. I have to clear up 50 acres after the previous owners logged it off and the logging company left a mess. If I hadn't bought a truck last month I would be attaching a grapple as we speak.
You can hook the grapple up to one of your scv remotes in the back to save money. It will cost around $250 to have custom hoses made. You could install a diverter valve or a complete hydraulic 3rd function up front witch will run over a $1000 with labor. Next year is a grapple for sure. There is always a summer of overtime but I like my sun shine. Good luck.

You think a grapple would suit me better for clearing the roads after logging rather than a 72" rake? Just seemed like dragging that rake behind the tractor would clean everything up pretty good. Then push the piles with the FEL.

/ My New To Me L4330
Compounding and waxing! I was just going to wax my recently acquired 2004 L3130... now I have to rethink my laziness. It is addictive, but in a good way. Take care of it, and you just have made your savings useful- the value will remain pretty stable and when you sell it, you will recover your investment. How about some details, like hours, approx. cost, etc.? Looks really nice, by the way.

Yea, it's an addiction..... But I strongly believe in taking care of my toys, er, I mean equipment. Figure, take care of her and she will take care of me. Almost busted out the buffer and the 3M Perfect IT III with a little wet sanding....... :confused2: Not really. But it sure looks better. Was just a little oxidized. Figured it was the best time to clean up the paint before the FEL was in the way.

It is in really good shape. Not a ding on the thing. One owner and spent its time just cutting about 20 acres. Looks like the bush hog had never been taken off. Especially with the time I had getting the dam n PTO shaft off.

District 11-20140420-00918.jpg

It has one of those "quick release" couplers that was locked up so tight you'd need a 20 lb maul to drive a toothpick up its arse...... Finally crawled under there and saw the snap ring. Pulled that and took the twist release apart to get to the push pin. It was so full of crap. Not sure that is the best design and not sure I am going to put it back on there. Will clean it all up really well and grease it and see if I like how it works. May just leave the good ol' push pin release there alone. We'll see.

Details: 2006 L4330 4wd with 720 hrs on the clock and looks to have been maintained really well. Runs like a top. I like knowing where I am starting from so I have already purchased all filters and fluids to start fresh as soon as I get it back from the dealer. When the whole deal shook out I basically have $8500 in the tractor itself and the LA853 FEL with HD bucket is $4900 installed so sitting at $13.4k with a brand new FEL. I could not even come close to this deal when only looking at tractors that already had loaders on them. Like I said I did look about 4+ days a week for over a year for the right deal. Glad this one came along. I am thinking I did pretty good with what I have in it so far. Sure gives me more room for add-ons as I was budgeting around $20k-22k to get into a 39-45hp 30 or 40 series GL. Was really hoping to stay away from the Tier IV stuff. Itching for some more seat time now...... :jump:

/ My New To Me L4330 #8  
That is a very nice tractor. I bought a used L5030HSTC with 735 hours several years ago from our local dealer and got the 800 hour service as a part of the deal which includes valve adjustment. Your tractor is due for a service, so you are wise to do one. They are pretty straightforward to service. They are very similar to the L40, I now have a L5740: Kubota L-40 Series Service

As to the rake v grapple, we have a rake, but my tractor is in the shop getting third function and grapple, expensive, but worth it to me.

Enjoy your tractor.:thumbsup:

/ My New To Me L4330 #9  
looks like a great buy LSU, you will love the loader as well,keep the pics coming and enjoy your seat time, the L series are great !!

From CT

/ My New To Me L4330 #10  
A squirt of Eureka FLUID FILM on the PTO splines, before you hook up a powered implement, will help a great deal getting the PTO shaft on and off.

There is nothing else that compares with Fluid Film for use on the PTO splines.