Buying Advice The bx to b upgrade again...

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #1  

clemnd86

Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I am looking at buying a b2620 w/ loader/backhoe for 17,500. Loaded tires and mechanical thumb. I think it seems like a pretty good price. It has 175 hours on it.

Here is the question. I have a bx 2200 with a Curtis cab, loader, 54" mower, grass catcher, 40" woods rototiller, 50" snowblower. Two sets of tires and rims. Machine runs good and has1540 hours on it. I got it used from local dealer with 230 hours.

I would like to sell the bx an all attachments except maybe the blower and rototiller. I thinking of asking 10,000. Does that sound reasonable?

Does the b2620 use a different quick hitch than the bx2200? I assume I need a new driveshaft to the quick hitch.

Also would I be better selling the rototiller and blower. I would like to get a tiller that covers my tracks anyhow.

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #2  
I am looking at buying a b2620 w/ loader/backhoe for 17,500. Loaded tires and mechanical thumb. I think it seems like a pretty good price. It has 175 hours on it.

Here is the question. I have a bx 2200 with a Curtis cab, loader, 54" mower, grass catcher, 40" woods rototiller, 50" snowblower. Two sets of tires and rims. Machine runs good and has1540 hours on it. I got it used from local dealer with 230 hours.

I would like to sell the bx an all attachments except maybe the blower and rototiller. I thinking of asking 10,000. Does that sound reasonable?

Does the b2620 use a different quick hitch than the bx2200? I assume I need a new driveshaft to the quick hitch.

Also would I be better selling the rototiller and blower. I would like to get a tiller that covers my tracks anyhow.

What type of quick hitch are you using on the BX?

I had a Speeco 3pt quick hitch that I used on my BX23 - it's a CAT1. When I got my B3200 I just kept using the same hitch.

A 40" rototiller doesn't sound like it will cover the tracks on a B2620, unless it's a side shift.

I can't answer whether it's a good price or not. Your best bet is to use SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. to check out Craigslist ads from all over the country - and check out Ebay and some of the other tractor places like Tractorhouse - and build up a sampling of what comparable tractors are going for.

1540 hours is a LOT for one of these tractors. I had about 650 hours on my BX23 when I sold it. That was in the "high" range for hours for that tractor. At the time it seemed like most of the BX23's that were out there were in the 200-450 hour range. I got less money for the tractor because of this.

If you're going to sell the rototiller - I would sell it separately and not with the tractor. You'll likely get the most money out of it that way. In fact the best way to get the most money out of the entire thing - might be to sell the tractor w/ loader and mower, sell the cab separately, and sell the blower and tiller separately.

But that's a lot of work.

The 10,000 seems high to me for a tractor of that vintage with that many hours on it.

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #3  
What type of quick hitch are you using on the BX? I had a Speeco 3pt quick hitch that I used on my BX23 - it's a CAT1. When I got my B3200 I just kept using the same hitch. A 40" rototiller doesn't sound like it will cover the tracks on a B2620, unless it's a side shift. I can't answer whether it's a good price or not. Your best bet is to use SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. to check out Craigslist ads from all over the country - and check out Ebay and some of the other tractor places like Tractorhouse - and build up a sampling of what comparable tractors are going for. 1540 hours is a LOT for one of these tractors. I had about 650 hours on my BX23 when I sold it. That was in the "high" range for hours for that tractor. At the time it seemed like most of the BX23's that were out there were in the 200-450 hour range. I got less money for the tractor because of this. If you're going to sell the rototiller - I would sell it separately and not with the tractor. You'll likely get the most money out of it that way. In fact the best way to get the most money out of the entire thing - might be to sell the tractor w/ loader and mower, sell the cab separately, and sell the blower and tiller separately. But that's a lot of work. The 10,000 seems high to me for a tractor of that vintage with that many hours on it.

I think he's asking about the quick hitch for the front blower, which I believe is probably different than the one for the BX. I would expect that the extra ground clearance of the B would change the geometry enough so that the one for the BX wouldn't work.

I also agree that $10k sounds a little high but prices in our area tend to be a bit higher anyways, at least from my experience.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #4  
If he is talking about the quick-hitch for the front of the tractor (for a blower or sweeper) - then yes, they are different from the BX to the B.

The market for used sub-compact tractors is semi-national. I don't know exactly if this same effect applies to the non-backhoe'd models, but the guy who bought my BX23, came up from Florida, had been shopping all along the Eastern seaboard, had looked at a few tractors in Pennsylvania, and was taking the tractor up to Newfoundland.

I've heard of similar experiences over the years from people looking at the sub-compacts. There might be a little bit of regional effect, but the tractors also aren't as popular up here as they are in other parts of the country either.

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #5  

Is your snow blower a Kubota BX 2750? If you're selling separate shoot me a PM, I might be interested. Possibly rototiller as well.

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #6  
Maybe even the bagger, you never know

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #7  
The QHs for the blowers are different, but if you buy the one for the 2620 your BX blower will mount to it. The nose of the QHs are the same.

As far as the tiller goes, I see a lot of guys offset them to cover the right side tire tracks. If that would work for you it would be cheaper to keep your current tiller. Food for thought.....

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #8  
The QHs for the blowers are different, but if you buy the one for the 2620 your BX blower will mount to it. The nose of the QHs are the same.

As far as the tiller goes, I see a lot of guys offset them to cover the right side tire tracks. If that would work for you it would be cheaper to keep your current tiller. Food for thought.....

/ The bx to b upgrade again...
I had looked at tractorhouse and several dealer websites. I saw prices ranging from about 7 to 9 thousand for the bx2200 with loader and mower with hours around 1500. This was with no cab, no grass catcher, no rototiller, no snowblower. I am in Mass so I would think we are on the high end. I am confused about the statement about hours, seems everything that I have read says that these machines are good for at least 3000 or 4000 if not more hours. I have followed the maintenance schedule, changed the oil every 100, transmission every 300, replaced the air cleaner every 50. I just had the metal hydraulic lines and hoses replaced to loader valve. I would say it is in good operating condition. I thank you for your advice and I am just trying to make sure I am not too way off.

/ The bx to b upgrade again... #10  
$10k would be about $3k too high for my neck of the woods, but that wouldn't be including the attachments. I agree with the poster that selling your "accessories" separately would be in your best interest.