Buying Advice m6040

/ m6040 #1  

OrangeToys

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Kubota M7060HDC
Been thinking about upgrading mg MX5100 and just turn out that i found a used 6040 hydro at the the dealer. R4, enclosed, loader, Under 80hrs. Right now asking price is $39,000. And tips or advice or additional info you guys can help me out with?

/ m6040 #2  
by "enclosed" you mean cab? boy, even so it seems high for the predecessor of current M models. 1st question i'd ask myself is if i have to have cab. if so, even then, i'd shop around 1st for other M models. ball's in your court!

/ m6040 #3  
Been thinking about upgrading mg MX5100 and just turn out that i found a used 6040 hydro at the the dealer. R4, enclosed, loader, Under 80hrs. Right now asking price is $39,000. And tips or advice or additional info you guys can help me out with?

When you say hydro, do you mean hydraulic shuttle?

/ m6040
by "enclosed" you mean cab? boy, even so it seems high for the predecessor of current M models. 1st question i'd ask myself is if i have to have cab. if so, even then, i'd shop around 1st for other M models. ball's in your court!

Don't have to have a cab but sure would be nice when brush hogging and pushing Snow

When you say hydro, do you mean hydraulic shuttle?

Yes

/ m6040 #5  
No real tips on that model, but we really like the M Series, it is surprising how much more comfortable they are than the MX or GL. I really like my L5740HSTC, but the M Series is a lot more substantial and smoother riding machine. The hydraulic shuttle shift is in my opinion the next best thing to an HST for ease of operation and once you use the cab you will wonder why you waited.

/ m6040 #6  
I have a M6040 with hydraulic shuttle and no cab. I tried a cab and its just too hot & humid - perhaps air conditioning was not working correctly, perhaps too much glass. In any case I sure like the tractor. Its easy to operate, strong, quiet and easy to maneuver around thru the pine forrest.

In any case, $39K is top asking dollar. If you have your mind set on this unit I'd see if you can get the price down OR have the dealer throw in an added implement or two - rear cutter, rear blade.

/ m6040
I have a M6040 with hydraulic shuttle and no cab. I tried a cab and its just too hot & humid - perhaps air conditioning was not working correctly, perhaps too much glass. In any case I sure like the tractor. Its easy to operate, strong, quiet and easy to maneuver around thru the pine forrest.

In any case, $39K is top asking dollar. If you have your mind set on this unit I'd see if you can get the price down OR have the dealer throw in an added implement or two - rear cutter, rear blade.

What do you think the tractor should go for?
Im not sold on the cab part yet, I'm more wanting this size tractor

/ m6040 #8  
Well, lets see. My M6040 with FEL & bucket, hydraulic shuttle - no cab - cost, new in 2009 - - $32,995. It has 150 hours now and I would expect it to sell for $5K to $8K less. I'm no expert in this area - this is what I've seen used tractors, of unk condition - like mine selling for in this area. And believe me in the five years I've had my Kubota I've only seen two for sale - used. Seems that when I bought this Kubota in 2009 - the same tractor with a cab was around $8K additional. About half my hours annually are on the tractor in the winter - plowing my mile long driveway. And I sure don't do any work in the summer with the tractor that raises a lot of dust. So in my case a cab in not necessary.

/ m6040 #9  
What do you think the tractor should go for?
Im not sold on the cab part yet, I'm more wanting this size tractor

The Official Tractor Blue Book™
there are a few other sources members may help you with too. you're smart to ask around like you are. the cab is a big decision i'm sure esp in your part of the country. will you trade in the mx too?