New vs Used Kubota

/ New vs Used Kubota #1  

wqh

Tractor
None
I've been focusing on kubota B series primarily because they are only only dealer of any size who focuses on tractors within 75 miles of me. I'm really getting hung up on new vs used. I have found a 2009 B2320 HST with 65 hours with a FEL and MMM for $12.9K (haven't offered less yet) that is almost as clean as a new one. Based on Kuobta pricing with a 10-15% cash discount I'm probably around 17K for a new one.

4K is a lot but you also have no warranty, and 5 years of hoses, etc aging. I realize low hours is important but at some point I would think age is a big factor. The used tractor was purchased from the dealer I'm looking at so I'm comfortable with service on it.

Also, how do I find out what differences exist between a 2009 and 2014 model. Major/minor, etc.

/ New vs Used Kubota #2  
new/used is something you have to decide.but if it was me id go with new unless your saving alot of money by buying the used 1.

/ New vs Used Kubota #3  
I had to make the same choice and decided to go new and the tractor I looked at only had 50 hrs. on it . I really don't know if I made the right choice or not but I am happy anyways . If I couldn't save more than the 4 grand I would go new for sure .

/ New vs Used Kubota #4  
If your paying cash then you are probably saving some money buy buying used or at least you can know exactly how much your paying for one over the other after getting a price delivered to you from your dealer.
If your financing then the margin between new and used gets really small and often times the new is less expensive than the used. Figure financing months payment on new vs used and the true cost is revealed. Kubota dealers offer Kubota financing on used Kubotas bought from them. Barlows sells used and new and delivers all over the US.
I've bought 17 Kubotas and 15 of them were new so you can see my choice. One of the used ones was to cheap to pass up and the other used one was a F2680e that I had bought new and someone else owned it for less than a year and put 25 hours on it and traded it back to Barlows and I bought it back and still own it now with 160 hours on it.

/ New vs Used Kubota #5  
I've bought 3 use Kubotas since 1984 and saved big money on each.

No problems with any of them.

/ New vs Used Kubota #6  
I'd personally jump on that used deal. At 65 hours and being well cared for? No brainer to pocket 4 K. Lots of things to do with that kind of money. I'm thinking you can push on that price and find an even lower bottom line.

I bought a "used" Kubota last winter with 24 hours on it. Sure there's no warranty but that warranty goes by quickly and I've never had an issue with any of my orange tractors. There was about 4K to be saved on my purchase and I have absolutely no regrets and I seriously you'd ever regret this purchase.

/ New vs Used Kubota #7  
Both prices seem high to me for a 2320.

/ New vs Used Kubota #8  
Had the same dilemma... in the end went with option 3

My Kubota Dealer sold us a Harvest Return with 90 hours... full warranty and included the 50 hour service...

Last edited:
   / New vs Used Kubota #9  
WGH,

If you have $15-20 of cash and it's sitting in an account and not making much interest, spend $12K for the used one, providing it meets your needs. Hoses, mechanical parts, or repairs with 65 hours will be minimal until you hit 10-12 years age unless you work it hard.

On the other hand, if your $ are invested making 10-15% a year, then keep socking the money in that and use OPM - (Other Peoples Money) Kubota in this case to get 0% - you can do the math - you need to make $3-4K on $15K in 4 years vs buying used.

/ New vs Used Kubota #10  
There have been some B20 series tractors with loader valve problems i.e. loader won't dump.
Most it seems were taken care of under warranty,even if a little out of warranty.
I'm sure newer tractors are fine.
Good Luck!