Consumable tractor parts: Filters

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

Just got a quote from a Kubota Dealter on some hydraulic filters for my M5400S and could not beleive what i heard.

Does anyone know of an online/reputable place to buy either Kubota parts or Compatible Kubota parts like Hydraulic Filters, Air filters, Oil filters, Fuel Filters, etc? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
tstex

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #2  
Just check eBay- some dealers advertise filter packages, and that's probably the best deal you're going to find. I have noticed they are pricey... but then, they are pretty heavy duty filters, and they don't sell a lot of them, so whatyado?

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters
Thank you V...I am not much of an Ebay shopper..was looking for a place that specializes in filters rather than an auctioneer, but I do appreciate your response.

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #4  
You're welcome. The eBay sources I am thinking of are "eBay" stores that list stuff at fixed prices, not bidding, and are real business's ways of reaching a wider market. Just enter "Kubota filters" and you'll see a bunch of dealers offering packagedeals. Now, finding what you need for your tractor may take a bit of investigating. Or, just go to Messicks and track down what you need. I find their pricing competitive with the best pricing out there, pretty much. Good luck in hunting down what you need!

Thanks again V. I will follow your suggestions...send us some cooler weather down here in Texas ! :)

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #7  
Okay, I couldn't help myself... I had to see if I could find M5400 filters, and sure enough, Messick's lists them:

Kubota M5400 parts

No doubt, they have access to much more, but this should give you a comparison?

GWD, thank you. And V, thank you for showing the exact link.

THis seals the deal....I am for sure going this route. Since my brother uses the same parts, I guess we will get like 4 fuel filters each, 2-3 air filters ea, 2 sets of hydraulics each and I beleive I can get a local oil filter for $6.86....I wish you guys lived closer, I'd take you out for some cold ones...really appreciate your help...done deal.

Thanks again,
tstex

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #9  
Consider that allot of ebay stuff is on a ''buy it now' and is like buying from the source.
Thank you V...I am not much of an Ebay shopper..was looking for a place that specializes in filters rather than an auctioneer, but I do appreciate your response.

/ Consumable tractor parts: Filters #10  
I hear about NAPA Gold filters & looked up M5400. Got this. Part Detail ('M5400 w / Kubota F2803EA Engine')

I had stumbled onto a chart just days ago that compared specs of different brands and #$%& I didn't bookmark the page. :( Will look for it later & add a link to this thread because IMO a well chosen title means that much. Thanks for asking, tstex! :thumbsup: