Price Check Fair price for B2320

/ Fair price for B2320 #1  

ror105

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota 2320 HSD
Hi guys,
Putting feelers out to see what my B2320 is worth to sell outright with all the accessories. Has 240 hours now and still runs like new. I am hoping to downsize to a BX once I am done with the backhoe work.

Everything on it is in my signature and always stored inside. Big question is what do the plow and MMM do for the value.

Thanks for the insight.
Rob

/ Fair price for B2320 #2  
Not sure about price, sorry. But why downsize? Just seems like a B can do just about everything a bx could do. I guess if you are wanting to get rid of the backhoe then it may be worth it though but I would think a backhoe would be a nice thing to keep as well. I think the MMM is around 2000 to 3000 new so it should add value when selling it.

/ Fair price for B2320
Biggest reason for the sale is I would like to finish up all of the hard work here, pave the drive and then go to a snowblower. I would also prefer a smaller lighter more maneuverable tractor for cutting grass. I love this B and everything it has done but would like to be more minimalist. Currently occupy an entire bay of the garage with the tractor and all of the implements.

/ Fair price for B2320 #4  
I bought my B2620 with loader and 5' mmm with 110 hours for 12k cash. I added a used but never used BH65 backhoe for 4500. But I think I got a better deal than usual.

/ Fair price for B2320 #5  
I bought my B2620 with loader and 5' mmm with 110 hours for 12k cash. I added a used but never used BH65 backhoe for 4500. But I think I got a better deal than usual.

You stole that! :)

/ Fair price for B2320 #7  
The tractor alone will fetch $11-$12K. Then, you have to ask yourself if you bundle the backhoe, the MMM, the front blade or start selling them individually. Often, this returns the most funds to you. After all, is it truly important to every potential buyer to buy all those implements, in one huge package? One wouldn't think so.

/ Fair price for B2320
My tractor was assembled on Black Friday 2011 and I was there to help through the entire build. It took a knowledgable tech 8 full hours to put it together with me getting in the way.

The thought of taking those filled rear tires off to unbolt the various subframes kind of makes me cringe. My garage is especially cramped and would make it even more challenging.

Selling it as is will narrow down the list of potential buyers but maybe there is someone who wants the entire package.

Local prices seem to be around 20 to 22k for something as clean as mine with the extras. May make better sense to sell the plow and just buy a snow blower. And then when it needs new tires get turfs.

See what 'finance' thinks when it is time.

Thanks
Rob

/ Fair price for B2320 #9  
Are you sure you won't miss the capabilities of the larger tractor? After it's gone it will be too late. I had a B for 10 years and often wished for a little more in the way of weight and loader capacity. Bigger isn't always better, but it's nice to have lift capability, horsepower and weight in excess of what is needed in reserve. I do a 1/2 acre lawn for the neighbor lady with my L and a 6' RFM. Looks just fine when I'm done with it.

I'd sell the hoe and keep the tractor.

/ Fair price for B2320 #10  
Reference new package @ roughly $24,000. At 2 years and 250 hours, you can probably command 75-80% of new, so I'd say somewhere in the $18-20k range is fair for the whole shootin' match. JFTR, I just priced out a new BX2370 w/ loader, 60" MMM, and front mount 50" snowblower at a local dealer last week. Total package quote with no negotiation was $17,240. Use the 'build it' feature on the Kubota website and multiply by 0.865. That should put you in the ballpark of a realistic new one (sans sales tax, of course). You should put together the package you want then look into doing a straight trade at the dealership - selling anything is such a PITA most of the time.

Lastly, I bought a used BX for mowing duty and to act as an emergency backup for my L4200 during snowblower duty in the winter. The BX is definitely the way to go for mowing tasks - I was originally looking for a 'B', but I'm glad I didn't get it and got a BX instead - the BX is big enough to cause me enough grief trying to squeeze around the yard; a B would've been a mistake.