New to Kubota

/ New to Kubota #1  

jjakes2014

Tractor
Kubota BX2670
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site.

I currently own a Simplicity Legacy 25hp 2wd Garden Tractor which is approx 10 years old and has treated me well all these years with no issues. I am possibly looking to move up to a kubota BX series with a FEL and 60" MMM.

Glad to be here and looking to learn more.

Found what I think is a worthy purchase and was interested in some feedback.

Was looking to upgrade my current situation and have been shopping JD 1025R, MF GC1705 and the Kubota 2370 all with FEL and MMM in my local area. Current status is JD 1025R is to much $$$$ $19k+ and no trade in, the MF GC1705 is a nice unit and they will take a trade in with 0% finance at $14k or $12.8k cash deal. (Do not like the plastic on either the JD or MF) While at my local Kubota dealer and getting quotes for a new BX2370 with FEL and 60" MMM that would need to be ordered. I saw a BX2670 with FEL & 60" MMM in the yard. A match for I am interested in. To make a long story short, I asked about the BX2670 because I thought this unit was new. It turns out the unit is a rental with only 1.4 hrs of service on it. After some back and forth and my interest in a cash deal. I was was offered the following; My Simplicity and $12.4k in cash. This caught my attention. The only twist is there is only 4 months left on manufactures warranty. I believe that Kubota gives a 2 year or 1500 hour manufactures warranty. So if my math is right this BX2670 has been in their yard for over 18 months and never rented. This dealer has 3 or 4 others BX series rentals and when you look at them you can tell they are rentals because they look used. This BX2670 looks new not a scratch on bucket and no grass under the mower. Looks like it has never been used.

I have some heavy work pending, 25 yds of mulch to disperse around my property, mowing is needed (2 acres) and the moving of a bunch of trees that were taken down and cut up to a location in the yard for removal.

Asked to rent the unit for a long weekend to put the unit through its paces.

Dealer agreed and offered that the rental cost could go against purchase price if I decided to buy the unit.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

JDJ

/ New to Kubota #3  
Give the machine a go and see what you think. The Bx series are well known here.

/ New to Kubota #4  
Sounds like pretty good deal on bx2670, not sure what the simplicity is worth though. I would be leaning towards the Kubota although I am a little biased. The JD may be good but like you say it is probably more $. I sat on a subcompact MF and it just didn't fit me ergonomically.

/ New to Kubota #5  
Sounds like a good plan to rent and try it out. I bet you will love it!

/ New to Kubota #6  
I just purchased a new 2370. I've got about 20 hrs on it. So far I haven't found anything that I really don't like. If I was in a position that I needed to remove the mower deck more than once in a while, I think that could get annoying. It has plenty of horsepower to mow anything I have, and my property is fairly steep. Good luck with whatever you decide.

/ New to Kubota #7  
The BX 2670 will handle everything you listed with ease. It's a good plan to rent it for the weekend and even better that the price can be credited against the purchase. Most of us don't wind up needing much in the way of warrantee service so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Maybe consider buying the Kubota insurance which pays for accidental damage etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ New to Kubota #8  
What is their best price on a new BX2670 equipped the same?

/ New to Kubota
I wanted to say thanks to all for your responses so far.

I pick-up the Kubota rental later today.

Wish me luck.

Look forward to some play time.