Kubota l4610 Price Check

/ Kubota l4610 Price Check #1  

naui1994

Tractor
Kubota B2150
I'm looking at a 2002 Kubota L4610 with 2880 hours. It looks like the tractor has spent most of it's life outside (faded paint). Here is a link to the tractor. $14,300. If everything checks out what would be a reasonable offer if it is worth it. I have a b2150 right now that I'm selling and I would like to move up to a larger HP Tractor. Thank you in advance.

Kubota L4610 Tractor > Capital Equipment > Used Equipment | Capital Equipment

/ Kubota l4610 Price Check #2  
Good reliable tractor (same as mine), but that one has lived a hard life. The $14,300 asking price is already discounted some from what people ask for that model in fresher condition. Putting the cosmetic issues aside, you'd need to know something about its mechanical condition if you were going to do some serious bargaining. Did previous owner unload it because of something seriously wrong or what? The condition of the tires and the bucket suggest some heavy loader work and operation on pavement. How does it run; is everything working normally, are there any leaks, seeps, smoke, smells, etc., that would indicate what is worn out? With that many hours, it's time to be watching for wheel bearings, oil seals, hydraulic seals, etc. etc. to show their age. That's just normal wear and tear, but will add up if needed. More critical to determine if the engine and HST/hydraulic systems are in good shape... they are the heart of the machine and expensive to repair. As long as those items are in good shape, it could be a good tractor if you're willing to give it some TLC with the piddly little stuff.

/ Kubota l4610 Price Check #3  
Good reliable tractor (same as mine), but that one has lived a hard life. The $14,300 asking price is already discounted some from what people ask for that model in fresher condition. Putting the cosmetic issues aside, you'd need to know something about its mechanical condition if you were going to do some serious bargaining. Did previous owner unload it because of something seriously wrong or what? The condition of the tires and the bucket suggest some heavy loader work and operation on pavement. How does it run; is everything working normally, are there any leaks, seeps, smoke, smells, etc., that would indicate what is worn out? With that many hours, it's time to be watching for wheel bearings, oil seals, hydraulic seals, etc. etc. to show their age. That's just normal wear and tear, but will add up if needed. More critical to determine if the engine and HST/hydraulic systems are in good shape... they are the heart of the machine and expensive to repair. As long as those items are in good shape, it could be a good tractor if you're willing to give it some TLC with the piddly little stuff.
:thumbsup:

Grandad pretty much sums it up. I don't think it's a "bad" price, if everything operates as it should, and it's been taken care of. It looks like you'd need some tires for sure, so perhaps use that as a bargaining chip. The 4610 is a really great tractor, I have one as well, and have been amazed at how much it can do for it's size.

If you could manage a couple extra grand in your budget, I think you could get something considerably newer, and lower hours, for just a weee little bit more. For the most part, that tractor won't really depreciate much more. They take a lot of depreciation in the first few years, and then level off pretty flat after that. You could probably find something 5 years newer, with under 1,000hrs for 16-17, but that may be out of your budget.

Your smart to look used. You'll save tons of money over buying new :thumbsup:

/ Kubota l4610 Price Check #4  
I'm looking at a 2002 Kubota L4610 with 2880 hours. It looks like the tractor has spent most of it's life outside (faded paint). Here is a link to the tractor. $14,300. If everything checks out what would be a reasonable offer if it is worth it. I have a b2150 right now that I'm selling and I would like to move up to a larger HP Tractor. Thank you in advance.

Kubota L4610 Tractor > Capital Equipment > Used Equipment | Capital Equipment

Can't help on the L4610 pricing, but if you don't have a cash flow issue, suggest you wait to let go of the B2150 until you've spent 20 to 30 hours on whatever bigger tractor you end up with. I considered selling mine, but after realizing how much more nimble it is for quick jobs in tight places, I'm real glad I didn't. The B2150 is one heckuva a little tractor.