Price Check Price Check Kubota BX2200

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #1  

mb1986

Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1
Hi everyone, hoping for a little help on a price check for a used Kubota BX2200. Just when I was resigned to looking into an older tractor in the $4-$5k range (after my many attempts at convincing my wife how great of a deal a new option would be failed :D), this little Kubota came up on Craigslist: BX2200 Kubota Tractor & LA2ll Loader. He's got it listed for $7,400, the tractor comes with loader but no other implements. About 1500 hours on it, no major issues per owner (front tire has slow leak, busted muffler off and welded up a new one on his own, previous owner cutting off the ROPS and leaving short bars sticking up).

When I was looking new I was looking at small CUTs (Kioti CK20 and Mahindra Max line) and never envisioned owning a SCUT, but after doing the research it seems the BX2200 should be able to handle all of my needs, if just a little bit slower. The chance to have power steering and HST for loader worker is very appealing compared to the older models I've been looking at. Does the $7,400 price seem in line to you guys? The prices on Tractorhouse are all over the place, ranging from $5-$15k depending on options, hours, etc. $7,400 is a bit more than I was looking to spend and based on the hours, I was thinking of leading with an offer of $6,700. He's looking to use the money he gets to upgrade to a larger model and seems to be in a bit of a hurry. Thanks in advance!

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #2  
We have a 2003 BX2200 with FEL and MMM and they are really good little tractors. The price seem a bit high, but not outrageous for my area, I would try to get him to come down on the price.

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #3  
Check and make sure the muffler mounts and the surrounding area is not damaged. With a cut down ROPS that hurts value. I personally would look carefully at the entire machine to see if it was maintained. Leaking tire is an easy fix and why not just take the Rops off if you don't want it. Maybe the signs of someone not really concerned with doing things right including routine maintenance
I also agree the price maybe a bit high. Good luck on your search

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #4  
I'd say is sounds quite high. I recently sold a BX2230, 2005, 175 hours, not a scratch, with front loader, grill guard, and rear ballast box - $8000

At the same time, I purchased a BX24 TLB, 2007, 77 hours, metal canopy, pristine condition, box scraper - $11,500 (I think retail should have been more like >$15K.

bumper

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #5  
Another vote for too high. $5 to $6 K is more what I would say.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #6  
My first tractor purchase around 11 years ago was a BX2200 FEL MMM. 0$ down 0% interest 0 hours on the SCUT. Paid $12,200 but included MMM so would be around $10, 000 with just FEL and 0 hours and no cut ROPS and 0 hours. Did I mention 0 hours.
That is to high in my opinion for a 1500 hours BX2200 FEL that has to be around 10 years old give or take a couple of years. Especially when a new 0 hours with full ROPS and unwelded muffler and 0 hours BX2370-1 FEL (new 0 hours) would cost around $13500 divided by 60 equals $225 month for 60 months or around $12800 cash, if the cash rebate is still $700.:2cents:

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #7  
BX 2200 is a great tractor, but I'll agree with the others on price-quite high. I got $7500 for mine 5 years ago. That was with a FEL and A MMM, 1250 hours and that tractor was perfect, cosmetically and mechanically-and the $7500 was a researched, market price at the time.

1500 hours, cut down ROPS, and potential muffler issues, I think$5000 would be more than adequate to buy that machine-and I'd have a $1000 budget for repairs, etc.

Will

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #8  
May as well pile on.

Price isn't right. For that kind of money, I'd want a cream puff and that one? Far from it, from your reporting. I'd pass. For example, I've seen super low hour BX1860's sell for that. By low hours, I mean 300 or less, garage kept and still having that "new tractor smell" :laughing:

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've expanded my search to at least get some comparables, as the owner seems to think he's real close in price on this machine (he's using comps with the MMM included, ROPS, etc. though). This has lead me to stumble upon a few machines that are sitting on dealer lots a little ways from me, but not too crazy to drive to if the price is right. They're both listed at $8k, but come with a number of implements I'd be looking at down the line anyways. Both are BX2200's w/ loader, about 600 hours and look almost spotless.

The first comes with rear wheel weights, front mount snowblower, back blade and a finish mower (which I'm not in the market for and am negotiating having the dealer keep and credit some of the price back). The tractor hasn't been on the lot very long and the dealer seems a bit hesitant to move on price just yet, but might be able to work something around removing the mower. Per dealer it's been garage kept and looks every bit of it in the pics I've seen so far.

The second tractor is a good four hour drive, but I'd consider it if the price is right. This one comes with only loader and MMM, but the dealer seems much more open to working with me on price as it's been on the lot for awhile. While I'd prefer the first tractor, as a snowblower was on my shortlist of implements to purchase, this tractor at least would give me huge leverage in negotiating on the private party tractor as it's a much cleaner, less hours, has MMM, etc.

I'll report back after I've had a chance to look at them and weigh my options. Thanks again for all the help everyone, this site answers so many questions and saves such a large amount of time!

/ Price Check Kubota BX2200 #10  
When shopping at a dealership, the "list" price is intentionally high, in my experience. My 4 year old BX2360 I picked up last winter, with 24 hours on the meter, was listed at a great price. But…...Walking in with cash? Making an offer $900 less didn't faze the dealer. He countered, of course, at $800 off asking, but threw in a complete mechanical check, oil/filer change, grease job, set of wheel weights and one day only buying spree at the parts counter at his cost. (30% off). Shook hands and headed over to pick up SUDT-2 and trans filter, as I wanted to do that 50 hour hydro service which hadn't been done, but forget the hour meter, too much time had passed so I went ahead.

Rock solid deal and I'm still all smiles to this day.

Point being, you can get a lot bargained for when buying off a dealer used lot, if he's motivated to move the inventory. Be creative and drive a hard bargain. Don't be afraid to push for extras and some goodies. And don't forget a couple of hats. :)

OH, and pick it up yourself. He cannot pay a driver nothing for his efforts.