Buying Advice M7060 Fever

/ M7060 Fever #1  

coolnature

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T4.95, Kubota RTV X1120D, Ford '52 8N
Strongly considering a new M7060. I have read that in January '15, Kubota will have a new engine without the DPF. I may wait till the new engine is available before taking the plunge. The hydraulic shuttle 12 speed tranny would be my choice along with FEL, 3rd function, 2nd rear remote with float function and possibly a cab. Not sure about the creep speed kit but it would probably be handy for hooking up implements to the 3PH. My main uses for the tractor will be handling round bales, pulling a 10 foot rotary mower, food plots, clearing and box blade work. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

/ M7060 Fever #2  
Just a bit of unsolicited advice, we had two rear remotes on our M8540 and sure with we had three, we put them on our next tractor. The 12/12 was really a good move on the M7060; love the cab on our tractors.

/ M7060 Fever #3  
Just a bit of unsolicited advice, we had two rear remotes on our M8540 and sure with we had three, we put them on our next tractor. The 12/12 was really a good move on the M7060; love the cab on our tractors.
I have done most with just two remotes but now just got a batwing,I sure wish had the 3rd remote. The 12x12 was the best thing could have done for these size tractors ,so many times with my 8x8 I wish I had a different gear. I haven't heard about the new engines for next year.

/ M7060 Fever #4  
I have done most with just two remotes but now just got a batwing,I sure wish had the 3rd remote. The 12x12 was the best thing could have done for these size tractors ,so many times with my 8x8 I wish I had a different gear. I haven't heard about the new engines for next year.

We got by with two until we bought a Land Pride HR3584 and a TnT sure would help like we have on our L5740.

/ M7060 Fever #5  
I'm going to take my tractor in for full service next spring may get them to add another but I wish had the 3rd function for grapple, I just run hose's to back outputs when I use it and have to run them up under tractor where they don't get hung on anything. Next thing they need to do is get a better front tire on these tractors. I'm still running the ones like your fronts on my one 7040 it has around 700hrs now.

/ M7060 Fever #6  
I agree on the 3 sets of remotes. I got two sets and wish I had 3. One is used for the grapple. The other is for the hydraulic scarifiers on my box blade. So, that leaves none for a hydraulic top link.

One of these days I'm gonna order a setup from Brian for adding the 3rd remote and hydraulic top link.

/ M7060 Fever #7  
We use one of the rear remotes to run our grapple and it "OK", but sure not as good as the third function on our L5740, maybe some day we can afford it. It seems the more I learn about tractors, the more it costs me.

/ M7060 Fever #8  
Strongly considering a new M7060. I have read that in January '15, Kubota will have a new engine without the DPF. I may wait till the new engine is available before taking the plunge. The hydraulic shuttle 12 speed tranny would be my choice along with FEL, 3rd function, 2nd rear remote with float function and possibly a cab. Not sure about the creep speed kit but it would probably be handy for hooking up implements to the 3PH. My main uses for the tractor will be handling round bales, pulling a 10 foot rotary mower, food plots, clearing and box blade work. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Just as a heads up, I am pretty sure that if you want-need two of those rear remotes with the float function, you will be getting all 3 anyway. I don't think that the float function is offered with the first std valve. :(

/ M7060 Fever #9  
ive got 2 sets of remotes on my 7040.and im sure glad i have them.have yet to find a need for a 3rd set of remotes.

/ M7060 Fever #10  
ive got 2 sets of remotes on my 7040.and im sure glad i have them.have yet to find a need for a 3rd set of remotes.

If a person grades very much, he can just get by with 3. 4 or 5, even 6 is what is often needed.;)