Comparison Kubota L3301 vs L3800

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #1  

lowcomotion

Tractor
Kubota B2620, JD 6400
Hi Everyone. Finally became a member of your great commuity, looking forward to contributing what I can. I have a questions regarding the differences between the L3301 and L3800.

The L3800hst has a list of $19,300 vs. the L3301hst list of$19,600. I was wondering what the differences were between these two machines that would warrant more cost for less HP. I've looked around a little but haven't found anything that stands out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #2  
Hi Everyone. Finally became a member of your great commuity, looking forward to contributing what I can. I have a questions regarding the differences between the L3301 and L3800.

The L3800hst has a list of $19,300 vs. the L3301hst list of$19,600. I was wondering what the differences were between these two machines that would warrant more cost for less HP. I've looked around a little but haven't found anything that stands out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well the L3301 has the Tier 4 Final emission standard equipment on board. The L3800 is now an obsolete model that met Tier 4 Interim emission standards which are not near as stringent as Tier 4 Final. As you noted the L3800 has more horsepower. The L3800 fall in the group that may or may not have a jerky 3pt rear hitch, Some people say that theirs in not jerky when being raised with a load slowly. All I have seen are, but then I haven't looked at every one they made. :)

The new L3301 and the L3901 models do not seem to have this problem. There have been 0 reports here, so it seems at long last this problem has been put to bed by Kubota. I traded off my L3400 (predecessor to the L3800) as it had a very jerky 3pt, but the L3901 which is the successor to the L3800 seems to be free of this. There are a few minor cosmetic changes, as there always are with each model change, but nothing major.

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #3  
When I bought my L4600 the dealer said it was being replaced by L4701 with tier 4 engine he said it would add 3 to 4 grand to price to me that's a lot would cause someone to step down to lesser hp to be able to afford it

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #4  
What exactly does tier IV mean for these tractors? DEF tank, EGR, or what?

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #5  
I think it is common rail injection, and a Diesel Particulate Filter. I don't believe there is any DEF on these.

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #6  
Tier 4 eng is a electronic computerized the old mechanical fuel injection pump is replaced by computer controlled injectors it has a lot of different sensors to update computer and it takes a scan tool or a lap top with special software to communicate with it. not all use DEF also know as diesel exhaust fluid. one of problems that you would have is not being able to communicate with it one sensor can go out and no run and unless you can talk to it your guessing at some costly parts

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #7  
I don't have allot to contribute here but I saw the thread title and figured I would check things out. I very recently purchased the L3301 with hydrostatic drive. It's the first tractor I've ever owned, but I grew up running various machines for friends and family members. I have been very impressed with this machine. The only concerns I might have are being discussed in another thread right now titled tier 4 info. I'm not real good on these forums, I don't know how to link to the thread. You could probably look at my recent posts? Or if someone knows how to link it?

Anyhow, it is my uneducated understanding that the 2 models are pretty closely related other than the emissions as stated. Mine has the dpf and related electronics. The longetivity of this is discussed in that other thread. Mine doesn't have the jerky 3 point hitch either. If either of them meet your needs, I doubt you could go wrong with either one, other than this possible 3 point issue

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #8  
The L3200 (32HP) and L3800 (38HP) were recently replaced by the L3301 (33HP with emissions claptrap) and L3901 (39HP with emissions claptrap). Last year for the 3200/3800 was 2013, so not very long ago.

Really, the even comparison would be between the L3200 and L3301, or L3800 and L3901. What you'll find in each case is a price increase commensurate with some very minor changes and all the emissions crap. That costs $$.

If you can find a 3200 or 3800, you will save money and hassles. They are getting scarce though. A lot of people jumped on them knowing the new models would cost more and have complicated emissions systems.

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #9  
fyi. these are tier 4a, not tier 4 final. In a few years when tier 4b\final rolls in there will be more changes, DEF I think. This is happening with 75+ HP next year.

/ Kubota L3301 vs L3800 #10  
I will have to look back again, but I believe the literature on mine states tier 4 final. And no Def. But I wouldn't be surprised on the bigger machines. They found out quickly on trucks that they worked much better with Def