Value of my (future) b7800

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #1  

nch209

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3520
Hello All!

First time posting, and looks like a great place! While this may be taboo to put in the Kubota section, I was wondering of the value of a future B7800 I am about to get. You see, its part of a house/land package I close on at the end of the month. I grew up in PA, all of my family farms with green and some red tractors, so I am already pricing a green one to replace the Kubota. I work it the greater DC area, and now that I am going to have some land, I want what I really want- GREEN! (Grew up on 4630, 4650, 7800, 7720, ext.) I may run the kubota for a year, but want to know opinions on value of it in case I decide to switch brands sooner. Do these sell fairly easy? I like the looks of the new deeres, but scared of the engine- so leaning towards a 3720.

Some info on it. 2004 year B7800 Hydro, 4wd, factory mid pro, factory loader, 60in rear kubota mower, good rubber, overall condition looks good, could use a polish though, and around (or under) 600hrs.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to learning a lot from this place!
-nch209

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #2  
I have used a B7800 with a back-hoe.....nice all around tractor.We own two Kubota's so a little bias towards them.Nothing wrong with the JD's for sure.
I would try to sell the B7800 out right when the time comes...should be easy.

/ Value of my (future) b7800
I have used a B7800 with a back-hoe.....nice all around tractor.We own two Kubota's so a little bias towards them.Nothing wrong with the JD's for sure.
I would try to sell the B7800 out right when the time comes...should be easy.

Yea, I figured it may be a tough read in this forum… wanting to go from orange to green! I will give it a shot for sure, but do have green in my blood! That said, back to value---- what kind of a asking price (private) would be reasonable? 11k-13k in the ballpark???

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #5  
WHISTLEPIG: Talk about pulling a relevant rabbit out of a hat.

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #6  
Nobody here cares what color tractor you drive. I've got green and two different shades of orange.

I don't understand this loyalty to green . . . or any other color. But whatever makes your putter flutter.

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #7  
   / Value of my (future) b7800 #8  
Your price estimate is in the ball park.I am not Kubota bias...........own a $5000.00 JD lawnmower!
When I was about to purchase a new tractor the JD dealer was the first place I went,the second was a New Holland dealer,the Kubota dealer was ready to sell.I have not regretted my purchase at all and we are on our third Kubota(two of them purchased new) and about $10,000 worth of implements from the same Kubota dealer.

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #9  
As for the question - are they hard to sell? If your price is reasonable and fair, it should sell easily. This year I sold an very nice older Kubota and could have sold it 10x - heck had a fellow from upper Ohio purchase it. Nice older Kubota's hold their value well and have a pretty good demand.
Nothing wrong with Deere - if that is what you want and you can swing the price I say get it. Might as well have what you prefer!

/ Value of my (future) b7800 #10  
I shopped for used Kubota tractors before I ended up buying new. Prices at that time for used were pretty ridiculous.