Tractor Sizing Impulse buy bx2370-1

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1
Congratulations, that was a good buy. We have two BXs and love them. We use a 48" box scraper, we have a 5' back blade but rarely use it, we use a LP 50" reverse tiller which works great. We've also added Bro Tek belly plates and 2" wheel spacers, stabilizer bar from StabilWorks and have weighted rear tires.

Thanks TripleR. Those stabilizers look pretty attractive. I also just watched a video of Paul Short replacing an HST fan, so the skid plate seems like a real good idea too.

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1
I use a front blower / 5' back blade combo for snow removal and it works well. My back blade is a Woods " estate series" which is designed for this sized tractor. I don't have much in the way of pictures of the back blade but here is the tractor handling a foot and a half of snow.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks rbarker. The lower moldboard height of your RBC60 looks like the ticket.

It's nice to just spend a few minutes on here during breakfast and lunch and get pointed in the right direction.

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1
Wow what a great find , look on you tube for the bx as there are many videos to look at there . Paul Short has some great ones too , he is on this forum if you look him up .

It looks like he and his wife have been busy with the camera, and I'm glad he has been sharing. Thanks Paul.

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1 #14  
Congrats on an out-of-this world deal! We just got our BX2370-1 in late August and now have a little over 20 hrs on it. Same as yours except we have the quick attach hitch on the loader to switch btw the forks and bucket. Frame mounted snow plow is back ordered (at least the hitch is). I tried our 60" King Kutter tiller on it in some virgin soil and it worked fine. I was impressed. I already had the tiller (used it on our Ford 3000), but if I were buying one specifically for the BX, I'd get a 48-54". 40" seems undersized by a longshot. Good luck, be safe and enjoy!

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1
thanks tlj87. Wow, I'm impressed that you ran a 60 KK tiller with it. I am also a fan of your Ford 3000, they are great tractors.

After spending 3 hours on the BX yesterday I can report that I am very pleased. There is a huge difference between this thing and a lawn tractor in tall grass. Mowing our overgrown lawn took a good hour less than my 48" rider did for a normal weekly mow. That was even taking it easy because it is so new. I really noticed the increase in volume from the side discharge chute as I cruised through the tall stuff without any signs of it loading. It was hard to resist the urge to just throttle it up and mash the pedal down and go for broke.

All the kids got rides and even my wife took it for a cruise. My 8 year old steered it into a big rock for its first accident. I'm glad he got that out of the way for me.:D He was going slow in low gear so there was no damage. He was crying after it happened, so after looking things over I put him back in the saddle and we shook it off. I am sure we drove the BX well over 5 miles yesterday without ever touching a road.

Last edited:
   / Impulse buy bx2370-1
One more thing I really like on the BX compared to the Kioti CS2410 is the loader parking stand. The hinged H-style on the BX is really nice, easy to use, and stable when parked. The Kioti loader has a single detachable dropleg that uses two little pins in the center for positioning. Kubota has a definite advantage here.

/ Impulse buy bx2370-1 #17  
t was hard to resist the urge to just throttle it up and mash the pedal down and go for broke. /QUOTE]

You might already be aware but the BX is meant to run at or near full throttle when mowing. I run mine around 2900 to 3000. The general consensus is that it won't hurt anything even though you haven't reached 50 hours yet. As for mashing the pedal I wouldn't be too concerned about how fast I went either as long as the cut is good and you don't bog it down.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet