B2650 Cab

/ B2650 Cab #1  

Farmall45b

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota B2650 HSD Cab
I am thinking of trading my B2320 in for a B2650 cab tractor. My question is about front mount snow blowers. The Kubota website lists both a 51" and 63" front blower. I am wondering the pros and cons of each? I think that the 51" might be easier to work with in tight spots, but it is slightly smaller than the stated width of the tractor. I am wondering if anyone has the 51" on this tractor and what they think about it. Also, does anyone have any input as to durability and construction of the two different blowers?

/ B2650 Cab #2  
Go 63" blower. Has more than enough power to run it, and you would be hating life with the 51" every time you are going around a curve and the tractor keeps getting jammed into the snowbank.

/ B2650 Cab #3  
I strongly agree with Paystar as I just bought the 2650 with cab , 63 inch blower and dealer said if you go with the 51inch you will have to put the wings on it and just barely cover the width of the tractor and you won't be happy . I can't help you on the durability , but I have read many good reports on them . Use common sense and you won't be breaking shear bolts etc. .

/ B2650 Cab
Agreed, binding up while going around corners would be a pain. Even with the 50" on my B2320 if I turn hard it will run into the snow bank. Another question for B2650/B3360 owners who have third function hydraulics. Where are the quick disconnects for the third function terminated when the loader is removed? Are they near the couplers for the other joystick functions?

/ B2650 Cab
Does anyone know if this tractor comes pre wired for the rear work lights? I have some LED work lights leftover from my other tractor that I could transfer over to the new tractor, but I don't want to have to tear the cab apart to wire it.

/ B2650 Cab #6  
Yes, the tractor is pre-wired for the back work lights, *but* the plug for the new switch (which you buy from Kubota) is hidden, taped up to the wiring harness above the switch cut out - - you'll need to remove the upper instrument panel, easy to do, to access the plug and, at least on mine, there's barely enough extra wiring loom to get it into position to plug into the switch - but it works just fine.

Then, you will need to either splice into the wires at the back of the cab roof, or find the plugs somewhere, or make (what I did) your own plugs to mate with the in-line jacks that now terminate those wires.

You might also consider looking at this thread. Most of the thread is applicable to the B2650 as well as the B3350 I have (unfortunately, I screwed up early on and many of the photo links I've posted in the thread got "un-linked". If you are interested in any of the projects or mods I've done, and want the photos, just ask on that thread and I will post them anew for you.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/295791-kubota-b2650-b3350-info-hints.html

Oh, forgot to add, you're gonna love the B50 series tractor and B2782 blower (the 63" version). It's an amazing toy, er, I mean tool!

all the best,

bumper

/ B2650 Cab
Bumberm,

Do you have third function hydraulics on your loader? If so, I am wondering where the quick disconnect fitting are when you remove the loader. I would like to use the third function for my hydraulic chute rotation on the snow blower and use my dump/curl circuit to control a hydraulic chute deflector that I am going to build once I get the tractor.

/ B2650 Cab #8  
Bumberm,

Do you have third function hydraulics on your loader? If so, I am wondering where the quick disconnect fitting are when you remove the loader. I would like to use the third function for my hydraulic chute rotation on the snow blower and use my dump/curl circuit to control a hydraulic chute deflector that I am going to build once I get the tractor.

Yes, I ordered the 3rd function option on my tractor. the quick disconnects are on top of the solenoid valve that is located on the right side, in front of the cab and behind the FEL post, just outboard of the FEL quick disconnects. The 3rd function on/off button as well as the two controlling buttons are on the loader joystick (which is replaced with a new one when getting the 3rd function option).

I am using the joystick loader valves for controlling front blower up/down and hydraulic chute rotation (that's the way Kubota plumbs it when you buy the chute rotation option). I'm using the 3rd function valves for hydraulic chute deflection. I did not order Kubota's chute deflection option as their version of that option simply uses a hydraulic solenoid diverter valve mounted on the blower to double up on the joystick control. Plus, adding my own 4" stroke cylinder was cheaper than getting the parts or option from Kubota. I did a post on all this with pictures on the 2650/3350 hints thread. Not sure if the pics links still work though.

Note that you will need to make or find 1/32" restrictors for the deflection cylinder. They come standard on the hydraulic chute rotation - - and even so it's still fairly fast turning.

bumper