Buying from Barlows

/ Buying from Barlows #1  

Henrykrinkle

Tractor
Bx24
Anyone on this forum buy from Barlows from New York area? I'm just curious because I'm about to purchase atractor from Barlows. So I was wondering about not having to pay the tax on the tractor being out of state and any run into problems?

/ Buying from Barlows #2  
Anyone on this forum buy from Barlows from New York area? I'm just curious because I'm about to purchase atractor from Barlows. So I was wondering about not having to pay the tax on the tractor being out of state and any run into problems?

You are supposed to report it.

/ Buying from Barlows #3  
Buy it from Barlows and don't worry about the tax. Living in NY you pay way too much already. Stanley

/ Buying from Barlows #4  
You're buying from Barlows to save money. Why ruin it now?

/ Buying from Barlows
Buy it from Barlows and don't worry about the tax. Living in NY you pay way too much already. Stanley

Oh yea I do! When I can retire I moving taking my pension else where.

/ Buying from Barlows #6  
You are ethically & legally required to report out of state purchases. However there is no method for a state to track out of state purchases unless they require vehicle/tractor registration. You have virtually no chance of any repercussions.

/ Buying from Barlows #7  
Several years ago, when we lived in Maryland, my wife ordered a truckload of furniture "direct" from North Carolina. At the first Maryland weigh station Maryland transportation officials copied the bill of lading from the trucker. Ten days after the furniture was delivered we received an accurate invoice for the sales tax owed.

Last edited:
   / Buying from Barlows #8  
No taxes in delaware on sales, maybe you could drive there and get one?

/ Buying from Barlows #9  
You are still obligated to pay New York taxes on crossing the New York border.

/ Buying from Barlows #10  
You are ethically & legally required to report out of state purchases. However there is no method for a state to track out of state purchases unless they require vehicle/tractor registration. You have virtually no chance of any repercussions.

I have a BIL that worked for the State Police and his job was to drive around and look for motorhomes with out of state license plates and bust them for not licensing in the State he lived which had high property tax rates. The SOB thought he was doing society a favor. The guy sucked up every overtime opportunity he could find to increase his retirement. I have no use for this type of scum. And, no I did not have a motorhome. It was the principal of how he thought he could bust people for tax evasion yet, suck up overtime while loafing off. He even had an affair on his wife while on duty and getting paid for it. Scum.