Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter?

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
I have been watching alot of BX prices on ebay and it seems they are not bringing as much as i thought is that because of the time of the year? Talking about used low hour models

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #2  
I would be real careful with public purchasing sites;Ebay/Craigslist ect.Lots of scams out there.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #3  
As nybirdman said,also check to see if your local dearler lower there prices.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #4  
I would agree with the others about ebay - deal with caution and NEVER buy a machine that you cannot see and operate in person. As for craigslist - I have bought several tractors and lots of other things on there with mostly good results. I did travel 300 miles one-way last weekend to buy a truck that turned out to be a junk heap, but that was due to a lying seller. Reality was easy to recognize with an inspection and test drive.
As to your original question - YES - almost anything is cheaper in the winter. Tractors, motorcycles, boats... Guys are trying to get money for taxes, Christmas gifts, or whatever and things are much more negotiable.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #5  
I would be real careful with public purchasing sites;Ebay/Craigslist ect.Lots of scams out there.

Craig's list, yes. But Ebay is hardly a scammers paradise. With all the documentation it takes to even have an account not to mention the feedback that can be left it is nowhere close to as shady as sites like Craig's list that have no requirements to list an item.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #6  
As to your original question - YES - almost anything is cheaper in the winter. Tractors, motorcycles, boats... Guys are trying to get money for taxes, Christmas gifts, or whatever and things are much more negotiable.

Depends on location. bspeedy is from SC so he probably doesn't get a foot of snow often nor do I in Ky so our prices from individual owners may drop a slight amount. New England and other snow states probably doesn't see the drop in price on tractors or snow mobiles like they will on a motorcycle or convertible car. In Ky the time to buy a used convertible/motorcycle/pleasure boat (not fishing boat) is when the snow/frost starts falling. Serious fishermen fish year around. :) Dealers prices usually don't change seasonally. Kubota offers incentives thru out the year on their "business plan" but I don't think it's that seasonal.:2cents:

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter?
For example Im looking at a bx25 with 50 hours on it this week for 13500, to me that looks like a **** of a deal right?

I know there is crap on there for 2500 they are the scammers.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #8  
i doubt you see a big price change if any for tractors and there attachments. scrap yard pricing more likely to drive pricing for used vs seasonal. for new tractors / implements, the manufacture rebates / deals of the yada yada marketing departments, and just waiting around for something to come up that suits ya.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #9  
For example Im looking at a bx25 with 50 hours on it this week for 13500, to me that looks like a **** of a deal right?

I know there is crap on there for 2500 they are the scammers.

That's an unbelievable deal if it hasn't been dropped from a 5 story building and even then may sill be worth that. Even scammers know to offer different price points to get enquiring minds.

/ Is it common for prices to be alot cheaper in the winter? #10  
I just bought a "used"(16 hours) L3200 and got a good deal. In the winter not many people are buying tractors it seems.