Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040
So now the seller gets in touch with me and says "we haven't heard from the dealer on the price". I'm thinking maybe they didn't like the price the dealer gave. They'll let it go for $40K. They don't have the money to pay Kubota the balance of $23K owed. Have any of you guys run into a situation such as this? I'm assuming I'd have to set something up between myself, seller and Kubota where I pay Kubota the balance direct and the other $17K to seller, with Kubota possibly sending me the title or certificate of origin? Any reservations with doing this?

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #22  
So now the seller gets in touch with me and says "we haven't heard from the dealer on the price". I'm thinking maybe they didn't like the price the dealer gave. They'll let it go for $40K. They don't have the money to pay Kubota the balance of $23K owed. Have any of you guys run into a situation such as this? I'm assuming I'd have to set something up between myself, seller and Kubota where I pay Kubota the balance direct and the other $17K to seller, with Kubota possibly sending me the title or certificate of origin? Any reservations with doing this?

I would want to transfer the loan to my name and then pay it off with the first payment. That way the seller can't change his story about the price or whatever. Pay him the difference and then it's between you and Kubota.

I would want to transfer the loan to my name and then pay it off with the first payment. That way the seller can't change his story about the price or whatever. Pay him the difference and then it's between you and Kubota.
Is that something Kubota would allow? I'd have to call them direct and inquire.

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #24  
Does your local Kubota dealer support the construction equipment? Mine doesn't. They said I needed to go to another dealer if I wanted to get one. For some reason, they only deal with ag stuff, tractors and UTV's.

If you can't get parts, or you have to drive a ridiculous distance to get them, I would look at a different brand.

Eddie

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #25  
You need to make sure the guys that are selling it pay it off, if they don't and you buy it from them kubota could repo it from you. You need to either get his payment book and pay the 23 thousand off yourself and pay him the 17 thousand difference. Or he needs to pay it off and show you proof from Kubota that its been paid and you pay him the 40k. It sounds to me like the deal is too involved, one guy wants to sell one doesn't, it isn't paid for, and you have yet to see it in person. My suggestion would be to take your time and be patient, my experience with things like this is the second you purchase something ten others will become available. If YOU don't feel good about the deal, let it go, more than likely there will be something better down the road.

Does your local Kubota dealer support the construction equipment? Mine doesn't. They said I needed to go to another dealer if I wanted to get one. For some reason, they only deal with ag stuff, tractors and UTV's. If you can't get parts, or you have to drive a ridiculous distance to get them, I would look at a different brand. Eddie

Yes EW, they do sell and support the construction equipment. I have had them looking for a used KX for quite a while, they just haven't come across anything other than one, but the seller decided not to let it go.

I'm definitely taking my time, I was going to let it pass, but if it were to work out I'd deal directly with Kubota and pay it off. I was discussing that option with the seller. It's a long ride for me, I'm only going to make the trip once.

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #27  
I've heard of a 2 party check for these situations. The check is made out to Kubota Credit (insert correct creditor here) and the party selling the machine. This might just be worth walking away from or make the additional expense of consulting an attorney. This might also be as simple as calling the Kub. finance folks. They'd probably welcome your call eagerly. I imagine that this would not be their first experience in this situation.

They won't take anything less than $40k, I offered $38,000 given circumstances. They are asking asking $44,000. Again 2012 KX121-3, 6 way blade, 630 hours, Kubota factory thumb. I'd only go for it if it worked out with Kubota Finance and I'm protected. What do you guys think. Otherwise I wait. Heck, maybe I'll wait and put up a barn, I don't know.

image-1219820321.jpg

image-874951702.jpg

image-39970252.jpg

image-3418162711.jpg

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #29  
Happy, it's a good deal if you can figure a way to make you feel comfortable fiscally. Don't wait to long as the price is right!

/ Getting ready to seriously consider a used KX121-3 or KX040 #30  
Can you perhaps use your current dealer to do a "closing" for a small fee, where both you and the seller meet at your dealer and you make out two checks, one to KCC and the balance to him. This way, you know it's paid off and he knows you didn't give him $17K and tell him you're paying it off (though the risk is more on your side given you'd now own the collateral). This way, you have a third party witness so neither of you can spin things afterwards.

Edit: Also, the dealer should be able to look up the payoff amount as of the closing date so no guess work involved.