Loyalty to Local Dealership? ??

/ Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #31  
Loyalty to yourself first, dealers second.

/ Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #32  
, collectively there is less cutthroat competition--because there doesn't have to be--than in the Midwest where supplies of equipment are in abundance. Dealers aren't as hungry for a trade and know the buyer will eventually have to come around. They price at what the market will bear.

Man.. you've never been to Lancaster County PA before!

/ Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #33  
Man.. you've never been to Lancaster County PA before!

Well then, there's a place in the East you can shop--Messicks. In fact, I know that for certain because I am a customer of yours. Honest prices, competent parts people and honest dealing.

Last edited:
   / Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #34  
I may have missed it in earlier posts but have not seen where anyone has pointed out that it is very possible that a dealer that far away has no problem dropping to bottom dollar price as they do not expect that they will have to fix any future problems. At times bad things can happen that are outside the realm of warranty and is not unheard of for a dealer to throw their own cash at a problem once the mfg has given all that they will. If there is no profit though this rarely happens. Many dealer groups take "turn" very seriously and will gladly loose money to see an item go away to put that $ to another use, regardless of floor plan options, etc. 8k seems to be wider margin than what I explained above, like other posters have said I would most certainly recomend taking the exact quote to your local guy to see what can be done. If you are already seeing deep discounts from retail I would not be surprised if the local guy does not match it, but you may be surprised on where they try to meet at. And like other posters noted, there can be a very wide range in short line pricing. Not saying I am right, just trying to look at from a different direction, good dealers are always worth more money imao. Good luck.

/ Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #35  
When I bought I didn't share prices between dealers but did shop around (including out of state). When at two local dealers after getting the price I asked specifically what benefits would I get if I bought here. Both really didn't say much. One said I would get 10% on the first fluid change the other said 5% off on parts for the first year. Neither really was much of anything.

Before I picked which brand I wanted a NH dealer that was about 80 miles away in the next state said "we give you a number that will get a hold of someone 24/7. When you need something in a hurry you can call it and we'll try to get you back up and running a quickly as possible." That was the answer I was looking for and interestingly enough I didn't have to ask. He did say that it was rare that anyone called because modern tractors are very reliable but people did get flats and broke hydraulic lines. If I had gone with a NH it most likely would have been from him.

/ Loyalty to Local Dealership? ?? #36  
Just to show what can happen when dealing with different dealers, my nephew traded in a BX2350 at one of the local Kubota dealers for a new BX2370. The distance from his place to both dealers he shopped at is about the same, 50 kms or so.
Here is the difference in trading price between the 2 dealers, both owned by the same family, but one is managed by the father, the other by the son. He bought from the son for 2K less than the price he got from the father. Obviously the son, being the younger generation realized it was better to make some money on the deal, than none. The old timer had decided to stick to his fixed X amount of dollars per unit, and didn,t get the sale.
It pays to use the internet, and shop around to compare prices.
In his case, for an extra half hour on the phone, he saved 2K. I would say that was time well spent.