eBay/Craigslist New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #1  

HybridVigor

Tractor
Kubota L3301
New to the forum. Tell me about the BX2350 I just brought home.

I've been lurking on this site for some time and have appreciated all the advice and opinions here. Thanks!

So the wife and I bought a small farm about a year ago and since then I've had my eyes peeled for a deal in the neighborhood. I stalked eBay and Craigslist like it was my job for about six months and even went to a big equipment auction. Nothing felt quite right partly because I wasn't sure I wanted a SCUT or a zero turn. After passing up or missing a few deals I kicked myself over I finally bit on one. :D

I found a BX2350 on Craigslist with a FEL, 60" deck, and power angle blade with quick hitch listed for $7500. I knew that seemed like a great deal. Talked to the wife and then called right away. I was the first caller, but the next guy offered 8k which the seller allowed me to match. I still felt that was fair and brought her home tonight.

The biggest dings are the typical cracked plastic hood and floor. Nothing major. Unfortunately it was stored outside for some time, but it appears to only have 421 hrs. (That silly LED is nigh impossible to read and reading between the lines I didn't press the very nice woman who was clearly selling a machine she owned but didn't know much about)

So was 8k clearly wasn't getting hosed right? Any advice for a new BX owner?

Last edited:
   / New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #2  
421 hours and if it was maintained well I think that is a very good deal.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #3  
Welcome. Enjoy the new toy.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #4  
No, you didn't get hosed, but maybe not a smoking deal, depends on your area, the BXxx50 was not long lived due to the use of plastics and abrupt change from forward to reverse. JOHNTHOMAS, owned one, so you might check his old posts or PM him.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #5  
price is about right. 400 hours is low, so you should enjoy many years out of it. I suggest that you change all the filters and oils. that means motor oil, hydraulic oil, oil filters, hydro filter, clean hydro screen,air filter,clean radiator screen, fill up the front axle oil and the TWO (yes I said 2) infamous fuel filters. use kubota motor oil and sudt2 hydro oil. This way you will know how the tractor will sound, and run. You dont know if the previous owner used regular udt oil- just changing to sudt2 oil, your ears will thank you. change out the oil in the mower gearbox with high quality synthetic gear oil, it doesnt even take a quart to fill.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #6  
Welcome from Wisconsin

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #7  
Well, considering the plow/hitch/controls options add up to just about $2700, and a 60 inch deck is about $2000, I think you got yourself a pretty good deal!

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #8  
I too watch Craig's List and the classifieds here, before because I was looking for the "perfect" tractor to replace our L3130, which was just too heavy, and afterwards just for fun. I think I saw the BX 2350, and with a little attention, you should be set!

I personally would use Rotella T 6 synthetic engine oil, but would go with Kubota filters, for sure. Buy them online, or from Messicks- they're in your neighborhood, and good guys.

I wonder if this is the same ad you saw? Certainly similar, but did you mention the ballast box??

Kubota tractor with attachments

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home.
Well, considering the plow/hitch/controls options add up to just about $2700, and a 60 inch deck is about $2000, I think you got yourself a pretty good deal!

The way I sort of looked at it was I was getting a free angle blade out of the deal and felt like I could sell it down the road quick for the same money

I too watch Craig's List and the classifieds here, before because I was looking for the "perfect" tractor to replace our L3130, which was just too heavy, and afterwards just for fun. I think I saw the BX 2350, and with a little attention, you should be set!

I personally would use Rotella T 6 synthetic engine oil, but would go with Kubota filters, for sure. Buy them online, or from Messicks- they're in your neighborhood, and good guys.

I wonder if this is the same ad you saw? Certainly similar, but did you mention the ballast box??

Kubota tractor with attachments

That's the same machine varmint. I'm surprised she still has the add up since she said she had tons of calls.

I'm excited to change all the filters and oils anyway. As far as Messicks goes, I deal with them off and on for sprayer parts and have been pleased with their parts department, but I can't say I've ever been there on any Kubota business...feel like they are close to what you can get online as far as parts?

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #10  
Well I missed that it also came with loader and ballast box. I changing my "pretty good deal" to very good deal. Congrats!!