Take a look at Canada

/ Take a look at Canada #1  

hugho

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota M6040 Cab model, 2010 Kubota L45, 1978 Allis Chalmers AC5050 4wd, 2010 Kubota 1100 side by side with snow plow
I just had a kubota L45 delivered here from a dealer near Montreal and the price was very good, $5-10K under units here in the states. This reflects the strength of the US dollar. The Loonie has dropped about 20% in the past year. It was over 2500 miles away but shipping was about $2000 or only about 80 cents/ mile and it came INSIDE a semi so looked clean and new. I have since seen several other cheaper than market tractors listed in Canada, The dealer said shipments to the US have really picked up with the strengthening dollar and my experience certainly reflects that. It is best to have the dealer ship it out instead of driving up yourself because you will have to pay sales Tax of 12-15% depending upon the Province and there is a whole slew of laws and regulations in Canada to try to avoid the VAT which tend to favor the bigger tractors. If the dealer takes care of these details, your life will be a lot simpler and my cost in diesel, motels and food, and trailer rental exceeded $2000.

/ Take a look at Canada #2  
What province did it come from?

/ Take a look at Canada #4  
Guess I should of read that, my bad.

/ Take a look at Canada #5  
emailed a dealer in montreal after seeing this...still have not heard back

/ Take a look at Canada #6  
Did you do all your dealing with the Canada dealer over the phone?

I would of never figured a tractor purchase from another county would be cheaper. Congrats on your new cheaper L45!

/ Take a look at Canada #7  
I would of never figured a tractor purchase from another county would be cheaper. Congrats on your new cheaper L45!

There is 25 cents difference between the US $ and the Canuck buck. the US buck is worth more. Now a quarter doesn't sound like much all by itself, but multiply that by a few thousands and see what the difference is.

/ Take a look at Canada #8  
I'm willing to bet corporate Kubota will step in soon and forbid these types of sales. It has been that way for the last couple of years for Canadians wanting to buy US vehicles from border states. That was while the Canadian dollar was at par or better. Subaru was well known for selling cars for up to $10K cheaper in the States and they drew allot of negative press for their policy of not selling to Canadians.

/ Take a look at Canada #9  
I'm willing to bet corporate Kubota will step in soon and forbid these types of sales. It has been that way for the last couple of years for Canadians wanting to buy US vehicles from border states. That was while the Canadian dollar was at par or better. Subaru was well known for selling cars for up to $10K cheaper in the States and they drew allot of negative press for their policy of not selling to Canadians.

It went this way in the mid to late 80's for a while. Many folks in my area were buying vehicles in Canada. The difference in currencies made for a good savings. The GST/PST would eventually be refunded also. My stepfather bought a brand new 1986 Chevy pickup from the Kingston area back then.
One of the local Ford dealers was doing a ton of cluster swaps back in those days too.

/ Take a look at Canada #10  
It went this way in the mid to late 80's for a while. Many folks in my area were buying vehicles in Canada. The difference in currencies made for a good savings. The GST/PST would eventually be refunded also.

It is my understanding that IF you (Americans) get the GST/PST back, you are supposed to report it as income to the IRS. Is this correct information I have?