BX in central VA

/ BX in central VA #1  
Tractor
Kubota B7510
I've learned a lot just looking through all of the posts in this and other forums on this site. Given that I've got about 2 acres of disturbed earth after finishing construction of a new house, plus 10 acres of woods and a 1200 ft gravel drive (with a steep grade), I've concluded that I need a decent tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Any idea what I should pay for a BX1500 with FEL and 48" MMM? My local dealer quoted me $11,700 but I think that sounds a bit high.

Thanks,
Chris

/ BX in central VA #2  
If you have 2 acres of lawn (eventually) and 10 acres of woods, I'd probably be looking for something bigger then a BX1500. What do you plan to do with the tractor?

/ BX in central VA #3  
That sounds kinda hight to me also, does it include taxes also? Here in NY there is a dealer advertising $8,100 for BX1500 w/48" MMM. I suspect the loader is ~$2400 so that would probably be about $10,500 before taxes.

I paid ~$13,000 for my BX1800, 60"MMM, LA211 Loader, Rear Grass Catcher, Rear Ballast Box, Block Heater, 2-Hooks on front Bucket without tax a year ago.

Hope that helps some.

/ BX in central VA #4  
They had one at the Albemarle (fall) county fair here at $9,600 with the loader, $7,600 for tractor only.

Ralph

/ BX in central VA #6  
Welcome to the board Marshall Tractor! Whereabouts are you from in Central Va? I am in Monroe, North of Lynchburg.

/ BX in central VA
Thanks for the info, guys. I've asked for quotes from some other dealers around the state. Much better than what I was originally told. I must have looked like "mark". D'oh!

Anyway, I've got some steep terrain on the property. I plan to maintain a 1200 ft gravel driveway, mow anything that needs it to keep the woods from taking over, landscape new beds, haul mulch and firewood, and maintain some trails in the easement around the property.

Is the BX1500 going to be enough machine? How many of you guys have a backhoe or want one? I think the longer I take to make a decision, the more expensive it's going to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX in central VA #8  
"I think the longer I take to make a decision, the more expensive it's going to be."

Oh, yeah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"... got some steep terrain ... maintain a 1200 ft gravel driveway, mow anything that needs it ... landscape new beds, haul mulch and firewood, and maintain some trails ..."

Based on the above, plus the size of your property, I'm thinking you will want something larger than the BX1500.

"...How many of you guys have a backhoe or want one?"

I have a BX23 and absolutely love the backhoe. If you have lots of landscaping to do, you will really enjoy having one. Based on my situation (20 acres -- 16 in crops that I don't have to deal with -- with fence rows to maintain, drainage that needs work, garden to till, grassy areas to mow, 250' gravel driveway to maintain and possibly extend, weeds to spray, etc.) I'm sure I could have justified a larger CUT for what I need to do, but just couldn't justify the price of a larger CUT and BH. Time will tell, but so far I think the BX23 is giving me the power I need for a price I can handle.

/ BX in central VA #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't forget to look at Will's page for ball park numbers (click here) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

According to Will's page, here is the price for the tractor, loader, and 48" mower. There is some question if the loader has gone up in price from $2310 to $2700. These figures are based on the higher price for the loader.

The total of your list prices is: $12185 In my opinion, a good price would be:$10357.25 and a great price would be: $9748. When buying my tractor, I found that his "great price" was only about $50 less than what I paid.