Initial thoughts on new BX-2370

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #21  
Kubota sells stabilizers for B and L models and larger tractors. When I bought them for my L they were priced less than anything aftermarket and I had them in 2 days. So I have always been surprised when I read about people paying more and waiting for weeks/months to get aftermarket stabilizers for B and L models, or for BX models that can accept the B stabilizers.

As I posted above, I'd suggest someone measure to see if the telescoping stabilizers from the B2301 would fit a BX. There are posts here on TBN dating back to 2011 that show the B stabilizers being added to a BX, so I am sure it's doable. Even if you have to make slight modifications it can't be that hard.

I paid $175 for the L stabilizers from Kubota, so the B/BX sized units probably cost the same or less.

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #22  
That's the question. Mark Hodge?? I believe his name is, made up these for me and a bunch of other folks a few years back. Last I heard, Mark had quit making them to focus on family life, which is just fine. I've no idea who may have picked up making these. Hopefully, someone knows what the current options are for making, buying or adapting other telescoping versions off the larger Kubotas.

The Kubota BX series is SUCH a high quality small tractor it deserves them.

Mark is still making them. No website. Just have to email him (markhdg@gmail.com) to get details and on get on the waiting list. I am currently 2 weeks into 4 week wait for my set.

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370
Went to dealer last night. Looked at other chain configurations on other tractors to see if I could make something work. Can't really make anything else work because these are on the inside where the others are on the outside and are set up longer to begin with, so without cutting/welding/drilling, nothing easy as a fix is there (I can't weld). Dealer looked into top issue list and this is not on it. He's going to call Kubota to talk to them about it. Not sure that will help with anything other than reporting it, but I don't think Kubota is aware of this problem. He told me other than me and my brother, he hasn't heard of this issue before, but he also said a lot of BX owners don't buy box blades.

I'm going to email Mark. Thanks for his email address. I'll let you know what my dealer ever finds out. He's really the best.

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #24  
The B stabilizers are on the inside of the arms, just like the BX. Do a search here on TBN -- there are other threads where people put B stabilizers on a BX. It's not rocket science.

459020d1456840191-looking-buy-b2650-b2601-pictures-2016-02-28-12-10-a

S219, I did check them out too. Looks good on others' threads. My 2370 has a plate instead of tabs, but that might still work some, but I have also talked to Mark Hodges already and his system is turnkey and I don't have to drill or modify anything. I have a set on order with him. He has a 6 week backlog right now.

By the way, thanks Howling for providing his email address. Also, I needed to make another post because I didn't like the previous number.

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #27  
Here's an old thread and there's probably more but I quit looking.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...replacement.html?highlight=stabilizers+bx2200

And here's a picture of the parts for B2910 that I used.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ng-stabilizer-replacement-421457-3ptparts-jpg

One of the best mods that I made to my BX.
Here's what mine looks like, I did add the rear attachment part off the B2910 later, cut off the original tab and drilled a hole in the lower lift arm.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ping-stabilizer-replacement-420433-bxiind-jpg

There's just about anything you can do to the BX here on TBN, lots of reading. Here's some of the stuff I've done to mine and there's lots of others done some neat mods too.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=476223

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #28  
Tractorshopper, what was the price on the bars? I have a bx 2670 that I would like to get a set for. Is the price you received with delivery or not.

Thanks in advance.

/ Initial thoughts on new BX-2370 #29  
Tractorshopper, what was the price on the bars? I have a bx 2670 that I would like to get a set for. Is the price you received with delivery or not.

Thanks in advance.

They are $180 including delivery

Yes, that's what I was quoted. Very fair IMO. As an update, my dealer spoke with Kubota Corp, and they don't really have this on their radar as being an issue at this point, but he notified them of the cheesy design and the issues we've had. He said they don't get any real statistical failure data, which I find surprising, but maybe many don't use the 3PH a lot. I showed him pictures of the bars Mark makes and he asked for Mark's info as he might buy a couple sets to have in his dealership for future sales.