Loading tires on a Kubota BX ?????

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

When buying a new sub compact tractor with a need for mmm grass cutting on steeper hills . . . is there a reason why you wouldn't load both your front and back tires ? It seems normal to have rears loaded . . . but other than cost . . . wouldn't loading the fronts be a good thing ?

And how long does loading last before it needs to be redone? What negatives are there to loading tires?

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #2  
If you need the traction then adding weights to the front frame will get you more weight. the small tires on the front will not give you much weight for the cost of loading them.

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #3  
I guess because the front wheels are so small, it may not be much of a help and not worth the hassle. I got the rears filled on my BX-2370 and it is very stable on hills. I was mowing side-hill this weekend what I never was able to mow side-hill with my old lawn tractor. Even leaning over the fender on the old machine, it was very tippy and some spots I had to go up and down. Now I can go side-hill and don't have to lean. I guess with the extra low weight and wider stance, it can handle more than my mower did. I'm still going very slow in those spots though to avoid any bump or rut that could cause it to get squirrely.

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #4  
I loaded my rear tires and added Bro-Tek wheel spacers, works great. Even though the BX is very stable as-is, my wife feels more comfortable with spacers.

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #5  
I loaded my rear tires and added Bro-Tek wheel spacers, works great. Even though the BX is very stable as-is, my wife feels more comfortable with spacers.
Heck,the only hills you all have down there are levies!

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #7  
Heck,the only hills you all have down there are levies!

Actually two of our farms are in the hills and two in the flatlands. The topography down here is kind of interesting with flat land, rolling hills and really steep rocky hills scattered about.

Now we do have seven ponds, so yes some are levies.

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ?????

Greetings TripleR,

I had looked up spacers and saw bro tek etc.. Is that something anyone can put on or is that something that requires dealer skills . . it didn't look complicated.

I'm going to get wheel weights to help with plowing . . As well loading rears. We've got 15 to 20+ degree hills and some can't be up and down cut . . some are side hill cutting and downhill angle at the same time. If I went spacers too . . I wouldn't want to hang too far past fenders . . Maybe 2 inch ????

How much did you do?

Would you recommend having the wheel weights on also (I'm good sized)?

Why I asked about loading front tires is . . . What goes down must come up . . And weighting the back is good but then doesn't the front get lighter too? And of couse side hilling?

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #9  
generally we use weights. You can't get enough fluid in there. It also maintains the air space so the tractor rides better.

/ Loading tires on a Kubota BX ????? #10  
The front axle of a BX should not be stressed by adding fluid to the front tires.

Rear axle is spec'ed for fluid or weights.

As important a question you should be considering is what type of tire to order on your BX.

As you have not completed your TBN PROFILE LOCATION it is difficult to answer your other questions.